Infinite "Connecting..."

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Infinite "Connecting..."

Postby Frolic » 04 Mar 2012, 02:32

Same problem here.

I successfully played some automatch earlier today.

And now, it seems like only 1 game out of 6 can start... otherwise, the game is freezing on the "connexion screen".
Frolic

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby GallantDragon » 05 Mar 2012, 00:41

Good, I'm not the only one with that problem. I also get infinite automatch set-up. Now... I'm wondering, does everyone who has this problem use Steam FA?
GallantDragon

Postby jhvisto » 05 Mar 2012, 01:01

see that you have ports open in and out, my zyxel 660hw-d1 modem didn't open correctly udp ports out. also if you use windows firewall only, make sure that there is rule outgoing traffic, with same port that you have in use.
Only in death does duty end.
jhvisto
Crusader

Postby Doompants » 05 Mar 2012, 19:31

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but twice now, on different nights, I have tried to play with a premade group of friends, and someone has run into this "connecting" problem. on both occasions, we double checked firewall settings, and tried restarting forged alliance, but what finally worked was getting everyone to reboot. specifically, the first night this happened, we had the person who was having the infinite connecting screen reboot his PC and we still had 0 ping problems with 2 players. we had those players also reboot and the problem was solved, and we played several games without any more issues.

Purely anecdotal, I know, but if it happens again tonight, I'll document it again.
Doompants

FAF User Name: Doompants

Previous

Return to Tech Support