Game hangs after Player dies

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Game hangs after Player dies

Postby EdWood » 31 Mar 2012, 23:16

Hi,

ok my system is a Q6600, ATI 5770, 4GB RAM...most of these games are still in the positive, speedwise...from my end.

I fixed the SND bug, switched to stereo on my system, only. So far, I tried to reproduce the problem, strangely it won't happend anymore. Just had a 4v4 with random people and all went smooth.

About the crashes, it "always" happened when I killed an ACU, instantly. No deathnuke, nothing. Oh and Steam games are always fine, nothing like that happens there.

I will turn down the fidelity, of course. :) Thx for all the help so far.

P.S.: Played 4 more games, no freezes anymore...?! :)
EdWood
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby EdWood » 06 Apr 2012, 02:11

Hi,

ok here we go again, after a few days of smooth games...

Sometimes the game freezes again, but instead of forceclosing it, I keep waiting and after 3 minutes or so, the game continues... Networkstats shows that I am the bottleneck, normal ping though.

Replay ID: 51581

Forever Log: http://pastebin.com/ehggnsyb

Game Log: http://www.filedropper.com/game_3
EdWood
Crusader

Postby sodisodisodi » 12 Apr 2012, 23:36

Same probleme here, if someone die game stuck, i have to turn it off through task manager... I'm using steam version. And there is no log files, i guess because i just killing process of the game.
sodisodisodi

Postby EdWood » 12 Apr 2012, 23:40

Hi, yes there is a log, even when you quit the game in the taskmanager...

Just click in FAF the BETA button, top left corner and click on Logs...

Also, try and wait 4 min or so...then the game should resume...
EdWood
Crusader

Postby EdWood » 29 Apr 2012, 21:01

Ok, the problem still exists but it seems to have changed, meaning looks like you fixed some of the bugs, but now it seems to be a connection problem.

The game freezes not anymore when ACUs blow up...only sometimes when the first guy leaves the game...might it be related with the Live Replay Bug? Anyway, after 4 min or so...the game suddenly continues...no desyncs...nothing...just 4 min waiting.
If after that someone else leaves, no problem at all.

I will soon send in more replays and logs though. To my defense, the router has P'n'P disabled and is using port triggering for FAF. Again, this happens only via FAF, if I play via Steam all is fine, same goes with the retail version.
EdWood
Crusader

Postby Odysseus-Gr » 02 May 2012, 13:02

After several months of random crashing after a player died and hundreds of different "trials and errors" in 3 different computer setups i came to the probable solution that saved me:

Set windows memory Swap file (Paging file) at 4GB fixed size and problem solved!, (It doesnt matter even if you have 16Gb of ram, FA still needs those 4Gb of SWAP file)

mys specs are:
Core i5 2500k, GTX 570, Corsair Vengeance 1600 8gb, Asus P8 Z68V, OCZ Vertex3 120Gb,

when i disabled the Nvidia Graphics card and i played with the integrated intel chipset random crashes where gone! so this put my into thoughts, changed card slots, downloaded the most stable drivers available, findled with various graphics settings no good!

when i setup my system i thought that having 8 Gb of system ram was more than enough so initially i had reduced page file from 4 to 2Gb and THAT was the culprit! 1Gb memory GFX Cards occasionally need x3 times the amound of their ram swaped... and this is one of those scenarios

so set your swap file to 4Gb fixed size!
Odysseus-Gr

Postby Ze_PilOt » 02 May 2012, 22:36

The new version of the lobby implement a relay server for all TCP connections. That should solve any freeze related to a bottleneck with the server.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby EdWood » 05 May 2012, 04:51

So far, I have no more problems at all since you released the new FAF version!!! You guys rock and it seems you fixed that problem!!! AWESOME!!! :)
EdWood
Crusader

Previous

Return to Tech Support