Fa always crashing when joining bigger games

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Fa always crashing when joining bigger games

Postby FlyingNorwegian » 26 Jan 2012, 21:54

hey, i have an awkward thing with my fa

the problem is that, when i join bigger games such as 3vs3 and up. i press join button, the game loads. then it freezes a bit, crashes, i get crash message and waiting to recover, then i must wait about 10 sec or so..

then magically the game recovers and manages to join the game i wanted to go in....seems to happen everytime, i dont know what the problem is or how to fix that

doesnt happen in smaller games

also some say that i have been connecting forever when i join games. and i get intense lag spike first seconds im in the hosted game, up to 800-900 then it goes down
FlyingNorwegian
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Fa always crashing when joining bigger games

Postby Antoninus » 26 Jan 2012, 23:02

Qosmius wrote:hey, i have an awkward thing with my fa

the problem is that, when i join bigger games such as 3vs3 and up. i press join button, the game loads. then it freezes a bit, crashes, i get crash message and waiting to recover, then i must wait about 10 sec or so..

then magically the game recovers and manages to join the game i wanted to go in....seems to happen everytime, i dont know what the problem is or how to fix that

doesnt happen in smaller games

also some say that i have been connecting forever when i join games. and i get intense lag spike first seconds im in the hosted game, up to 800-900 then it goes down

Well it sounds like you are a major noob and should go burn yourself with gasoline. Just kidding but aside from that advice, I have experienced several instances with FAF where when I get into a lobby my computer freezes. Probably 1/15 times. This is not exactly the same issue as Qosmius, but I thought I'd add a little legitimacy to Qosmius' report of FAF being a smidge buggy. (But don't confuse reporting a bug as being ungrateful to the developer(s). Much thanks!)
Antoninus
Crusader

Postby Kryo » 27 Jan 2012, 15:08

what are your internet connection and hardware specs?
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby FlyingNorwegian » 27 Jan 2012, 21:01

gtx 560, 8gb ram, i7 2.4 ghz, 1tb hdd

and my net is approx 400kbps up and 300 down
FlyingNorwegian
Crusader