Life after IMBA

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Life after IMBA

Postby TA4Life » 26 Jan 2012, 11:02

It would be nice to have a cup as flexible as the imba cup continue on after IMBA #1 is completed. I have made an illustration of a possible format for choosing players for IMBA #2. Curious whether or not people think this is feasible with the current community.

I think the biggest strength in the IMBA cup is the flexibility, 1 week to play 1 game, most people can do this.

It is important to make the qualification flexible as well. There are 4 possible weekends you can qualify.

Another strength of this proposal is that you can opt out of playing at any time before the tourney starts, even if you said you can play, or you qualified for the tourney. There will be other players waiting to take your place in the lower seeds. In fact it would make it more interesting if a few players opt out right before the tourney starts to make some of those lower seeds more valuable for the future.

The qualification tourneys should be interesting themselves, since the best players will be excluded and some medium range players would have a chance to win.

What do people think?

Perhaps we can start having some qualifications this weekend. The worst case scenario is we have a tourney for no reason.
Attachments
IMBA_proposal.png
IMBA proposal
IMBA_proposal.png (92.63 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
TA4Life

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Life after IMBA

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 26 Jan 2012, 13:01

oh man, they would completely abandon team games if this will happen
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

Re: Life after IMBA

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 26 Jan 2012, 15:15

To be honnest, i didn't planned to host a 2nd tournament so soon : O

The idea of different qualif tourneys is interesting, but as you wrote in your post, the community is far way too small for this huge qualif system. ( i was already happy to get 12 players in this qualif tournament!)

And this 1 week 1 round system is cool for players, but needs a lot of energy for the TD to run after players all the time :-S

My opinion is let's before all finish this current imba cup, and see after this. However i'm sure not to involve myself in the organization of an other long tournament before 3 or 4 months.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Return to Tech Support