Minor visual bug?

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Minor visual bug?

Postby Helcaraxe » 12 Jan 2012, 00:21

Hello all,

Absolutely loving FAF - thanks to the team for your hard work. This feels like a great time to be a SupCom player.

One minor visual bug that I've encountered with 3610: there's no movement animation on the Seraphim Mobile T1 AA. It just slides around with all four legs on the floor. I can't reproduce this with Vanilla FA 3603, where it walks around as expected, moving each of its legs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Helcaraxe
Napalm said: "Oh my god! Another phone call, are you serious? If this is the President again, I'm gonna get mad."
Helcaraxe
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Helcaraxe

Re: Minor visual bug?

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 12 Jan 2012, 00:51

I think it is intended to avoid critical bug where the AA tank didn't fire from one of its weapons while moving, which reduced it's dps in half
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

Postby hydro » 12 Jan 2012, 01:03

Raging_Squirrel wrote:I think it is intended to avoid critical bug where the AA tank didn't fire from one of its weapons while moving, which reduced it's dps in half

i have never experienced or seen the bug that you are taking about. and even if its true a better fix would be to double its damage but only while its moving so that it could keep its movement animation.
hydro

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Helcaraxe » 12 Jan 2012, 22:05

Okay, good to hear it's not just me.

Hydro's idea sounds like a neat fix - I always thought it was one of the better movement animations, so shame to lose it.

No biggie, though :D

Helcaraxe
Napalm said: "Oh my god! Another phone call, are you serious? If this is the President again, I'm gonna get mad."
Helcaraxe
Contributor

Postby SpinDrah » 31 Jan 2012, 23:36

How do you people have time to notice that the legs on a t1 mobile aa don't move? And after you notice why do you care?
SpinDrah

Postby Helcaraxe » 31 Jan 2012, 23:51

Straight answers to straight questions:

1. I noticed whilst watching a replay;

2. Like I said above, I care because I liked the animation, but it's not a big deal and now that I know it's necessary to fix a bug with the way the unit plays, I think it's the right call.

Helcaraxe
Helcaraxe
Contributor

Postby SpinDrah » 01 Feb 2012, 00:20

Helcaraxe wrote:Straight answers to straight questions:

1. I noticed whilst watching a replay;

2. Like I said above, I care because I liked the animation, but it's not a big deal and now that I know it's necessary to fix a bug with the way the unit plays, I think it's the right call.

Helcaraxe

Hmm I must watch replays zoomed out more than you.
SpinDrah

Return to Tech Support