Restoration fields behaviour

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Restoration fields behaviour

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Feb 2012, 12:52

The repository is available to anyone, so if anyone want to try to fix, he is welcomed.

I know that I won't have time for this.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 21 Feb 2012, 15:52

Have you checked the replay i posted in my previous post ?

The bug occurs at 5:48 with the cybran factory and then after 8 min in the Seraphim factory (but since this arty dies very fast), you have to pay attention to spot it.
Even though the rally point is the same, even though the first arties had normal behaviour, at some point two arties got stuck. Granted, I can manually order it to move, but if i'm paying attention to the front and my t3 land fac stop producing because of this bug, it can cost a game.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Feb 2012, 16:06

Ok, but the fix is not to make the arty able to fire while moving. It's a pretty big balance change.

By doing that you don't fix anything, you just hide the bug (I know that more than half the code of FA is doing that, but we try to not reproduce the errors of GPG)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 21 Feb 2012, 16:29

Ze_PilOt wrote:Ok, but the fix is not to make the arty able to fire while moving. It's a pretty big balance change.

By doing that you don't fix anything, you just hide the bug (I know that more than half the code of FA is doing that, but we try to not reproduce the errors of GPG)

I certainly would prefer some other way to fix the issue. But I suspect it's not so easy :?

I am merely reporting bugs that exist in FAF. Diamond "fixes" them in some way that is not necessarily the best, but the good side is that it points some annoying bugs like that in the first place.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Brute51 » 21 Feb 2012, 20:20

pip wrote:By the way, where is Brute51?

I'm here! ;) Sorry for this useless post....
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Previous

Return to Tech Support