Replays not working

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Replays not working

Postby glennc1 » 29 Oct 2011, 14:40

I have been having problems with replays lately started a couple of weeks ago but i have always thought it was something to do with a mod/map. The problem is that when i try to launch a replay it says unable to load game replay from/live replay server ip/player, the thing is i know its not a map or mod thing because i know i have all the maps/mods because i generally only watch replays when i come on just after my friends on vent have started a game just before i joined and well they tell me the map/mods (generally no mods on).

The thing is i think the problem is related to custom maps because when i mentioned it someone said to try watch some players replay it worked but it was a standard map but when i tried to watch another game and they were using a custom map it didnt work. Im not entirely sure about this part here could of just been a coincidence.
glennc1
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Replays not working

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Oct 2011, 14:41

Where is your map folder ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby glennc1 » 29 Oct 2011, 14:46

c:/users/Name/Documents/my games/gas powered games/ supreme commander forged alliance/maps
glennc1
Crusader

Postby glennc1 » 29 Oct 2011, 17:32

Update

Was playing a game and died so to test if replay bot was working properly i quit and tried to watch the replay and it didnt work and i wasnt alone other players also couldnt watch replays.

P.s: was a custom map (crystall sludge v2) and we tried watching off players that were still in game.
glennc1
Crusader

Postby D10ny5u5 » 20 Jan 2012, 15:50

This appears to be reasonably widespread. I can watch some people's replays. It doesn't appear to be a port issue. This is going to drive us back to GPG (Please don't let me go back).
Perhaps a permission issue on a folder? Or a default folder issue? Or a Windows 7 64 bit issue?
Any suggestions?
D10ny5u5
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: D10ny5u5

Postby Reddev32 » 20 Jan 2012, 17:21

how resent has this happened?

What happens when you try to watch a livereplay?

have you had any new updates recently?
Reddev32 ~ Reddev GPGnet ~ Obliterating Wave ~ GPGnet ~ SC-Vanilla ~ FA ~ Supcom 2

GPGnet Vault
Reddev32
Priest

Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Reddev32

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Jan 2012, 19:03

Livereplay can fail if the sender of the replay got a problem, I don't have any control on that.

There can still be some bug in the liveReplayServer, but it's the only thing I didn't code.

It's an opensourced Java code, feel free to debug it if you want :

http://code.google.com/p/openlivereplayserver/
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby D10ny5u5 » 21 Jan 2012, 10:08

Thanks Ze_PilOt. Nice to know. I've had a look at server version. To continue my troubleshooting I need to be able to add command line switches to FA via the FAF lobby.
In GPG this was possible using the options menu. I've googled my heart out and searched the file system and can not find an equivalent for FAF. Is there one?
IE Is it possible to launch a game via the FAF lobby with command line switches like /savereplay and /size and /log, etc
D10ny5u5
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Jan 2012, 11:32

You can't use /savereplay because it's already used for livereplay.
/log is already enabled (the log is in your FAF lobby folder).
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby D10ny5u5 » 21 Jan 2012, 11:37

OK so I guess that means we are stuck with the default replay server which goes down quiet often? Or does FAF use a different replay server to GPG?
It would be great to get this option "back" at some stage....
My replays save and load fine from my replay server, but I only know how to use the command line switches to make it happen.
D10ny5u5
Crusader

Next

Return to Tech Support