High pings after switching to new PC [Solved]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

High pings after switching to new PC [Solved]

Postby SuitedAces » 13 Aug 2020, 17:45

Old PC died, so I got a new one. Network is the same, I'm not on WiFi, nobody else is using it. But the pings in the lobby after the PC change are through the roof, to the point where I can't join a game - hosts kick me out. I updated all Ethernet drivers. What else should I look into? Log files are attached.

Even though my network is the same as before, when it was working fine on the old PC, maybe that became the issue? I'm located in Connecticut, USA, using Frontier ISP - https://frontier.com/. Speedtests show good speeds both ways, and low pings.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
game.log
(43.56 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
downlords-faf-client.log
(61.59 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by SuitedAces on 16 Aug 2020, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
SuitedAces

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SuitedAces

Re: High pings after switching to new PC on the same network

Postby Katharsas » 15 Aug 2020, 16:43

Check if it still works with your old machine if you still have it or any other machine. If not, your provider or your network hardware changed something somewhere.

Then try getting a cheap network card or Wifi adapter and check if that works better. If yes, you have a hardware/driver problem (fix by using different network card or return your motherboard for replacement).

Otherwise its probably windows or software related.
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Re: High pings after switching to new PC on the same network

Postby SuitedAces » 15 Aug 2020, 21:01

This topic can be closed. To fix it only required me to uninstall and reinstall FAF. Should've thought of that long time before posting. :roll:
SuitedAces

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SuitedAces

Return to Tech Support