Infinite splash screen

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Infinite splash screen

Postby remanemporor » 09 Aug 2020, 19:54

I updated the game client today, but when I try to run it, all I get is the splash screen that says "Downlord's FAF Client v1.1.9". It never goes away unless I kill it in the Task Manager, nor does the client load properly. I tried to look for this issue but couldn't find anything on the FAQ or other recent bug reports. When I look at the error log in the installation directory, I saw this:

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "WindowsNativeRunloopThread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: <init>
   at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.staticScreen_getScreens(Native Method)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.Screen.initScreens(Screen.java:412)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.lambda$run$1(Application.java:152)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "WindowsNativeRunloopThread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: <init>
   at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.staticScreen_getScreens(Native Method)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.Screen.initScreens(Screen.java:412)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.lambda$run$1(Application.java:152)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.sun.prism.d3d.D3DPipeline.getAdapterOrdinal(D3DPipeline.java:205)
   at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.assignScreensAdapters(QuantumToolkit.java:695)
   at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runToolkit(QuantumToolkit.java:313)
   at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.lambda$startup$10(QuantumToolkit.java:258)
   at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.lambda$run$1(Application.java:153)

How should I go about fixing this?
remanemporor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Return to Tech Support