Client fails to start [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Client fails to start

Postby lostinconfig » 02 Aug 2020, 19:02

So I double click the client and it comes up with an error box saying "saying an error has occurred on startup" then lots of data I don't understand in the box

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client but the same error occurs.

attached is the log and an image of the error

can anyone help?

I saw another topic similar saying delete the file C/Users/Username/Appdata/Roaming/Forged Alliance Forever / client <====delete file

this file does not exist and does not work
Attachments
client error image.PNG
image of error box
client error image.PNG (120.05 KiB) Viewed 967 times
downlords-faf-client.log
attached log
(46.66 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
lostinconfig

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: GeneralMonty

Re: Client fails to start

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Aug 2020, 19:23

Code: Select all
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'fileOpeningHandler' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Downlord's%20FAF%20Client/lib/downlords-faf-client-1.1.9.jar!/com/faforever/client/os/FileOpeningHandler.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'replayService' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Downlord's%20FAF%20Client/lib/downlords-faf-client-1.1.9.jar!/com/faforever/client/replay/ReplayService.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 5; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'gameService' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Downlord's%20FAF%20Client/lib/downlords-faf-client-1.1.9.jar!/com/faforever/client/game/GameService.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 3; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'mapService' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Downlord's%20FAF%20Client/lib/downlords-faf-client-1.1.9.jar!/com/faforever/client/map/MapService.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 7; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mapGeneratorService' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Downlord's%20FAF%20Client/lib/downlords-faf-client-1.1.9.jar!/com/faforever/client/map/generator/MapGeneratorService.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is com.github.nocatch.NoCatchException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\neroxis_map_generator_1.0.10_3555287593993173758\neroxis_map_generator_1.0.10_3555287593993173758_preview.png

delete the following folder:
Code: Select all
%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\neroxis_map_generator_1.0.10_3555287593993173758\
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Re: Client fails to start  [SOLVED]

Postby lostinconfig » 02 Aug 2020, 19:52

it works fine now, thank you very much Philip :)
lostinconfig

FAF User Name: GeneralMonty

Postby Chris_P_Bacon » 06 Aug 2020, 14:48

i had the same Issue after i bought myself a new PC so glad i wasnt the only 1 with this Problem :)
Chris_P_Bacon

FAF User Name: Chris_P_Bacon

Postby PopSniper » 02 Sep 2020, 20:00

I have the same problem. On Monday August 31, I uploaded the new client and installed it. When I tired to run the client it failed with an error message. I then went to the FAF website and downloaded the client from there and got the same error message. My error message was:
Exception in Application init method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:895)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(LauncherImpl.java:195)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot instantiate interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener : org.springframework.boot.cloud.CloudFoundryVcapEnvironmentPostProcessor
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.createSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:437)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.getSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:419)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.getSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:412)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.<init>(SpringApplication.java:269)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.<init>(SpringApplication.java:249)
at org.springframework.boot.builder.SpringApplicationBuilder.createSpringApplication(SpringApplicationBuilder.java:104)
at org.springframework.boot.builder.SpringApplicationBuilder.<init>(SpringApplicationBuilder.java:92)
at com.faforever.client.FafClientApplication.init(FafClientApplication.java:94)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:824)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: class org.springframework.boot.cloud.CloudFoundryVcapEnvironmentPostProcessor is not assignable to interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener
at org.springframework.util.Assert.assignableCheckFailed(Assert.java:673)
at org.springframework.util.Assert.isAssignable(Assert.java:604)
at org.springframework.util.Assert.isAssignable(Assert.java:635)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.createSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:431)
... 10 more

However, When I went to delete the folder your recommended, I discovered that I do not have that folder! Help. I cannot start the new client.

I did notice one thing...When I downloaded the client from the client website it took almost 30 minutes. But if I went to the FAF website, I could download it in 30 seconds. ??
PopSniper
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: PopSniper

Return to Tech Support