[Bug - Victory Condition]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

[Bug - Victory Condition]

Postby beno_83au » 18 May 2020, 15:44

Hello. Just stumbled on a possible bug after unfortunately hosting a 4v4 in sandbox. Hosting a game on your own (no other players/AI) with assassination, then quitting the game to go and setup another lobby, is all good. BUT, instead of quitting the game, if you click on Rehost it turns the next session into a sandbox game. It seems like it's not meant to do that, so figured I'd drop it in here.
Attachments
game.log
(86.96 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
downlords-faf-client.log
(4.47 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
beno_83au
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: beno_83au

Re: [Bug - Victory Condition]

Postby Uveso » 18 May 2020, 20:26

Hello beno_83au,

in the original game you can't start a Assassination game as single player. The game would not start and tell you, you have to switch to sandbox game.

If you do this in FAF, the game will switch temporary into a sandbox game even if you started it as Assassination.
Also if you rehost, its still a sandbox game. Nothing is changed. It was never a Assassination game mode.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Re: [Bug - Victory Condition]

Postby beno_83au » 19 May 2020, 02:15

Hey Uveso, yeah I didn't know the inner workings of what was happening when launching with just me in the lobby, but I assumed one of two things was happening. One of those being that it switches to sandbox automatically. The problem was that after rehosting from the in-game menu is that, as you said, it's still sandbox. So either leaving the lobby at that point and hosting later, or playing as a single player sandbox then quitting and hosting another game later, it didn't return to Assassination. Caught me by surprise so I wasn't sure if maybe it was meant to return to Assassination (or whatever had been selected previously) when loading up a new lobby in that instance.
beno_83au
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: beno_83au

Return to Tech Support