Game freeze upon starting

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Game freeze upon starting

Postby saturnattack » 06 Apr 2020, 02:02

Hi,

I was playing coop just fine on the 1.1.4 client last night, and this morning everything stopped working.

As soon as a game loads, right as the commander spawn animation begins the game freezes. I've tried reinstalling supreme commander, FAForever client, deleting the C:\ProgramData\FAForever directory, same thing keeps happening. The game works fine if I launch it within Steam. I have no mods installed.

Strange enough on my friend's machine the game works perfectly fine.

Logs are attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
game.log
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
downlords-faf-client.log
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
saturnattack

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: saturnattack

Re: Game freeze upon starting

Postby ss64 » 06 Apr 2020, 10:08

Ive had same problem when the game starts after cutscene it crashes but runs in the background, when i go to the desktop and back it stays black. ive tried running the game outside of FAF and now it crashes at first start and tried coop single player it runs with no issues then crashes randomly. ive also tried reinstalling supreme commander on steam and the FAF client with no luck. ive moved from windows 7 to windows 10 enterprise so i thought that was the problem at first but now others have shown the same issue. my friends works on coop FAF with no issues as of yet
ss64

FAF User Name: SS64

Re: Game freeze upon starting

Postby saturnattack » 06 Apr 2020, 17:04

I fixed my issue thanks to keyser's suggestion.

Start a skirmish game from Steam, open the chat window, move it around, close the game, then play as normal via FAForever client.
saturnattack

FAF User Name: saturnattack

Return to Tech Support