Sound doesn't work when FA launched via FAF automatch

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Sound doesn't work when FA launched via FAF automatch

Postby Flynn » 23 Feb 2020, 23:29

Hello guys :) Great work, thanks go to DOWNLORD. the client and community are looking great, some 7 years after I first got back into it after first playing back when SupCom was new in '07 :shock: Doesn't time fly!?

But this latest release brings a problem I haven't encountered with all previous versions. When I start a game via automatch, the sound doesn't work. If I minimise then maximise FA a few times, it comes back working after a few seconds delay.

I am on Windows 10, if that provides any clues.

Thanks great FAF community! :D
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Sound doesn't work when FA launched via FAF automatch

Postby Flynn » 05 Apr 2020, 18:14

Guys, sort it out, please! It is most annoying having to minimise and maximise the game in an attempt to restore sound. Sometimes it doesn't even work and I have to quit out of it. I have the latest version of the client.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Flynn » 06 Apr 2020, 14:42

I've just played a WHOLE GAME without sound. GET IT SORTED!!! :evil:
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Mucko » 15 Apr 2020, 01:19

I am having the same problem. Have windows 10 and tried turning the quality down to 44hz from 48hz which has worked in the past. Its strange because I get some sounds but most dont work. They seem to work for 1 minute and crap out on me. Did you get this resolved?
Mucko
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Mucko

Postby Flynn » 16 Apr 2020, 12:55

No, I have still not got it resolved. When the game launches, it is completely MUTE, most of the time. To solve this, I have to ALT+TAB out of the game and then maximise it back up again, several times which takes about 3 seconds each time. Not what you need right at the start of a competitive 1v1 ladder match! It's super annoying.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Mucko » 28 Apr 2020, 19:30

I seemed to have fixed my problem I dunno if this will help. Even though everything said it was up to date in windows 10 I still updated some things.

First off I uninstalled my sound drivers from Device Manager. Then I updated framework to the most up to date. I even downloaded a newer version of windows sound driver even though it just told me it was up to date. I found that strange. I would do the framework install before reinstalling the sound drivers. Maybe that was the reason it had newer driver for the sound. Before the updates I only had the 16bit sound options. This is two pics in 1 to give you some idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tmce0V ... f7L5u/view
Mucko
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Mucko

Postby Flynn » 30 Apr 2020, 10:32

Alright mate, I tried to update the driver via the "Device manager" on the Control Panel, but it said "the best driver for your device is already installed". My sound driver is part of my video card driver and the speakers are in the monitor, which might be something to do with it. I'm not sure which framework you refer to though? I have up to 24 bit options on the screen you describe.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Professor » 02 May 2020, 15:34

I had sound issues recently too, they might play for the first minute or so and most would disappear then. Looking at task manager I noticed the CPU up time was at 35 days even though the PC was shut down nearly every day for the past month.

Had to restart to install a Windows update anyway and that fixed the issue. Might not work for you, but I suppose it's worth a try.
Professor
Crusader

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: ProfessorJ69

Postby Flynn » 09 May 2020, 14:09

Thanks, I've tried updating my sound driver but it says "the best driver for your device is already installed" :( My windows is already up to date.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby ZOB » 10 May 2020, 04:05

use stereo (no surround) at 44k 16 bit
ZOB

Has liked: 3 times

Next