Help me pls

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Help me pls

Postby ScrewBanger » 21 Dec 2019, 20:26

Help me please I tried to host the company FAF after which this error

The game did not terminate correctly and has still certain files open. Some files from the installed game could not be copied over to FAF but unless you recently modified game files in the installed version you probably do not care. We are still starting the game for you.

after that there is an infinite connect
ScrewBanger

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ScrewBanger

Re: Help me pls

Postby ScrewBanger » 21 Dec 2019, 20:26

java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeExceptionally(Unknown Source)
at com.faforever.client.task.CompletableTask.lambda$new$1(CompletableTask.java:17)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.EventHelper.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task.setState(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.lambda$call$2(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$9(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.faforever.commons.io.ByteCopier.copy(ByteCopier.java:65)
at com.faforever.client.io.DownloadService.downloadFile(DownloadService.java:37)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:73)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:26)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
... 1 more
ScrewBanger

FAF User Name: ScrewBanger

Postby callieward » 30 Dec 2019, 05:57

Anyone?
callieward

Postby Brutus5000 » 30 Dec 2019, 12:57

The error you posted has nothing to do with the problem you describe.
But basically almost every file from the original ones has been touched. So if there has been problems on copying over you do have a problem.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Return to Tech Support