Downlord Client map download bug.

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Downlord Client map download bug.

Postby Umenyalapkee » 22 Apr 2019, 15:49

PhilipJFry wrote:pls post a client and game log

the default folder for the game to check for maps/mods are
a) the game install (where the default maps/mods from gas powered games are)
b) the windows user folder (where user should store non default mods/maps -> C:\Users\%username%\Documents\my games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\

Just like Apofenas said - new clieng can't use maps and mod from Gas Powered Games folder, and use mods and maps from old clietn folder.
So it at least checing old client folders. So maps that was downloaded in old client can be used by new. Same is true for mods. And new downloads can't be used if not moved mannyally.

client log
https://pastebin.com/raw/EcgVhDvL
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Umenyalapkee

Postby PhilipJFry » 22 Apr 2019, 16:04

please post a game log as well
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Umenyalapkee » 22 Apr 2019, 17:46

Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Postby Umenyalapkee » 22 Apr 2019, 20:14

So I change username and folder name, and now it not сyrillic, but it not solves a problem because client still uses old folder and no way to change it for me.
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 22 Apr 2019, 20:23

according to the game log you posted there is not a single mod or map in your personal folder or in programdata
where do you have them atm?
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Umenyalapkee » 22 Apr 2019, 22:42

PhilipJFry wrote:according to the game log you posted there is not a single mod or map in your personal folder or in programdata
where do you have them atm?

I delete old client, in case that in can conflict with new, so there no mod or maps from old client in here.
New client download it in different map, where it can use it. It is what the problem is.
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 23 Apr 2019, 06:14

ok - can you do me a favor?
1 start the new client
2 go to the map vault
3 download any map
4 check on one of these two folders to see if the map was installed successfully (these two locations are where the game looks for the map files)
Code: Select all
info: mounting maps from: C:\Users\Фёдор\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\
info: checking C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\..\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\

5 try to create a game via the client and check if the map is available in the client window for creating a lobby
6 if all of that works then please tell me what the problem is - if one step fails then post a new client log and describe what happened and what failed
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Umenyalapkee » 23 Apr 2019, 13:48

Ok, lets go.
It all works just fine.
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
4. ... In first folder there is the map, нurray!
In FAForever map after \bin\ folder not even exist that path. If u do not belive me - there is a screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/C61SOiv
So. In first map client see map. But game do not see it. It means that if I try to create game in that map by clietn - game offen me only defalt (or downloaded by old client before I delete it in case of posible compatibility bug) maps. Clietn download map and i can choose it by clietn UI, but the game do not can use that map from folder where it is. If i move map in different folder where it works - it works from game, but client do not see that map. If problem i сyrillic simbols it path - let me know how i can fix it because change name of folder do not works for client. It creaters map with old name even, and put maps there.
If there was any way to set clietn map folder so that the game can use it. -sign-

There is a log.
https://pastebin.com/raw/Nsc7mtbB
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Postby Apofenas » 23 Apr 2019, 14:45

My logs.
downlords-faf-client.log
(47.76 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

It puts maps to C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
The client can actually see the map before the lobby, but whn i host it gets me to lobby with Four Corners and the selected map doesn't exist in lobby.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby r51Snaiper » 02 May 2019, 14:56

Apofenas wrote:My logs.
downlords-faf-client.log

It puts maps to C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
The client can actually see the map before the lobby, but whn i host it gets me to lobby with Four Corners and the selected map doesn't exist in lobby.

Use steam folder of the game(steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance), i.e. move maps/mods manually to maps/mods(create folder). Fixed problem for me. Created shortcuts on the desktop for an invalid folder(where FAF downloads maps/mods) and folder(steam) which FAF actually use, made my life easier for now.
P.s. Does someone know programm, which will auto move/copy files from folder to folder?
r51Snaiper

FAF User Name: r51Snaiper

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Support