How to install KyrO’s Lobby

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

How to install KyrO’s Lobby

Postby klieklie » 13 Oct 2018, 20:01

edit: I got it running. Somehow I have managed to download an older .lua file which was not working. The instructions are still weird.

Hello,

the only "helpful" resource I have found was a site on a poorly, abandonish-looking google groups site which I can not post here because it is forbidden to post urls for new accounts (But the mod is still working so far). I can not even ask there a question or do anything.

INSTALL

1. Download file
2. If they don't exist, create the folders "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\2lua.nx2\lua\ui\lobby\" ("C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata" already exist)
3. Put the "lobby.lua" you just downloaded in that folder
4. Don't forget to delete the "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2" file if you have installed an older version of the KyrO's lobby
5. Done

I have download the only file available the "lobby.lua" and then I have created the two folders with the same weird dot syntax in the name.

("C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata" already exist)

Should this be a whole sentence ? The folder does not exist for me. I have created it.

3. Put the "lobby.lua" you just downloaded in that folder

What? In which one? Now it is suddenly only one folder? Where? Why is this not specific explained.

4. Don't forget to delete the "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2" file if you have installed an older version of the KyrO's lobby

What??? I have already assumed that something fishy is going on here, now all of the sudden there is a lua.nx2 file, and I assume it has something to do with the step before "2lua.nx2" folder or file?

Please, can someone enlighten me up.
And can the coder of the mod use git with a proper readme? That google shaped board message is not a great choice for such things.
klieklie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: klieklie

Return to Tech Support