List CPU model

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

List CPU model

Postby E8400-CV » 01 Jun 2016, 01:37

More and more players get in with the stupid Ultrabooks and other shitty laptops.. smurf themselves a <250 cpu score in FAF and lag the shitz out of games by going -2 at 20m

Can we please re-think the suggestion I did in the past of listing CPU make and model? All the -U crap is gonna lag no matter what, but the bench is too short for it to heat up and cut clockspeed in half.

Another way to think about this; it's a way of smurfing... not with player rating, but with CPU rating.

I also noticed; you can overclock your PC to the max, get in a lobby, run bench, quit game, remove overclock, then join and you keep your low CPU rating. I got a E8400 that I put at 4,0 to try and it got a lower CPU score than my stock 2500K.. it wouldn't run the game stable though, so I reduced the OC... the bench score stayed the same untill I manually refreshed it.

Same shit applies to laptop users that don't plug in. E.g.; my Thinkpad can run ~3.5 GHz when plugged in, but on battery with the Quadro enabled... it tops at 1 GHz.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Re: List CPU model

Postby Uveso » 02 Jun 2016, 19:15

These are all commands, we can use inside the game:
http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/LUADOC_1.5.3599

Can you show me the command to see the CPU Model ?

If you can show me this, i will personal take care of implementing CPU Model etc in the game.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby CavemanHost » 03 Jun 2016, 14:02

One could make the faf client get the cpu name, store it in a file and then supcom can read it, or rewrite a global var in a hooked lua file - I guess? I Don't know if it really would work.
CavemanHost

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: CavemanHost

Postby Uveso » 03 Jun 2016, 18:07

Listing CPU model is needed for anti-smurfing.
In this case we ned a secure way to transfer the data, or it can be abused way more then in the current situation.
If we use the ini.lua files, they can simply rewriten from the user and protected against overwriting.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby CavemanHost » 03 Jun 2016, 18:23

So the client needs to send it to the sever and the server would need to send/add this information to the in-game lobby?
CavemanHost

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: CavemanHost

Postby Uveso » 03 Jun 2016, 19:18

This could be a valid way:

1. The FAFclient could gater the CPU data (model etc).
2. On Gamelaunch the FAFclient should send the Info to the gameclient.
3. Inside Gameclient lobby the data has to be shared over the network.
4. Now all Clients would be able to see the cpu data.

I can do point 4 and mybe if i go into it, make the changes for point 3.
I cant deal with 1 or 2.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby E8400-CV » 05 Jun 2016, 03:17

The client needs to press Win + pause/break and read the line after "Processor" :mrgreen:

2nd time within 60 hours that I have a game that takes 2 hours for a 60m game because some [###] lags it at -4 while their lobby CPU rating is not that bad.

Alternatively an eject window to kick those who lag that bad would be nice. Even making that an option would be fine. Like you can set it "if someone goes consistently below 0 before 20m while no others are... an eject button appears". If anyone hits it.., all others auto-eject and the lagger is gone.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Postby CookieNoob » 05 Jun 2016, 09:37

E8400-CV wrote:The client needs to press Win + pause/break and read the line after "Processor" :mrgreen:

2nd time within 60 hours that I have a game that takes 2 hours for a 60m game because some [###] lags it at -4 while their lobby CPU rating is not that bad.

Alternatively an eject window to kick those who lag that bad would be nice. Even making that an option would be fine. Like you can set it "if someone goes consistently below 0 before 20m while no others are... an eject button appears". If anyone hits it.., all others auto-eject and the lagger is gone.

if anyone hits it?? aka: oh great easy kill on enemy team -> kick

if this is implemented at all it should be something like 75% of the players, not one.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby E8400-CV » 05 Jun 2016, 20:35

SirTobi60 wrote:
E8400-CV wrote:The client needs to press Win + pause/break and read the line after "Processor" :mrgreen:

if anyone hits it?? aka: oh great easy kill on enemy team -> kick

if this is implemented at all it should be something like 75% of the players, not one.

Yes, anyone. And I would hit it a lot, even if same team. 75% is total nonsense. But even that can be made into a settable option in game options. I've seen quits from both same team and enemy team who were sick of the lag, I've seen teamkills for that lag, so the clean solution would be to eject the lagger. This lag thing is in my opinion more annoying than the stuff with timeouts.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Return to Tech Support