Problems with password

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Problems with password

Postby AFGHANPSYCHO » 04 Feb 2016, 06:45

Greetings,
I installed the new version, and no matter how many times I input my password, it simply says my password is incorrect. I understand from a previous listed post that the password resetting e-mails aren't working. Any estimation or any way a mod can reset my password for me? I've listed my password in various places to ensure I don't forget it, so I think something else is going on.
AFGHANPSYCHO
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: AFGHANPSYCHO

Re: Problems with password

Postby ZooDoo4U » 04 Feb 2016, 09:53

Sorry about the noise, just thought rather than spinning up a new thread I'd jump onto this one as well as my account/password is is having the same issue. I've been around playing since FAF has been around, never changed my account/password.

Easy to see as you commented in the release notes and comments about the server upgrade there might be issues. Not sure how many users are effected, or possibly issues came up with moving to the new server and it's taking longer then expected, as a developer myself, easy to understand stuff like this comes up from time to time.

Thanks in advance for the help.
ZooDoo4U
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time

Postby eskator » 04 Feb 2016, 14:40

Same here. I cannot reset my password, and old is not working or i forgot it. Any idea when password reset will be operational again ?
eskator
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: eskator

Postby Ferox-858 » 04 Feb 2016, 16:50

AFGHANPSYCHO wrote:Greetings,
I installed the new version, and no matter how many times I input my password, it simply says my password is incorrect. I understand from a previous listed post that the password resetting e-mails aren't working. Any estimation or any way a mod can reset my password for me? I've listed my password in various places to ensure I don't forget it, so I think something else is going on.

Hey Afghan, funny to see you here. I am having the same problem, only that there is a very real chance that I am actually entering the wrong password. I use different passwords for everything and I haven't typed this one in weeks.

Anyway, I can confirm the PW reset function lies about sending emails.
Ferox-858

FAF User Name: Ferox-858

Postby Hungo » 04 Feb 2016, 17:10

same,

after update I cannot log in, I always used to auto log in, I have no idea of my password and even when I try to make new account it keeps defaulting to my old details which I don't know the password for. at this point I would love to just to a clean reset and start a fresh.
Hungo

FAF User Name: Hungo

Postby glider88 » 04 Feb 2016, 17:37

Same as the others. Says password incorrect, can't retrieve password, does not send emails. I did manage to create a new account through the forum site, but same result. I then looked in the member registry for my old account, and it's gone, new account is there though. Reinstalled twice, same results.
glider88

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: glider88

Postby Slader » 04 Feb 2016, 17:43

When will it be fixed?
Slader

FAF User Name: Slader

Postby Rick_5pecialForc » 04 Feb 2016, 20:41

Same stuff here, wth is going on
Rick_5pecialForc

FAF User Name: Rick_5pecialForc

Postby Manfet » 04 Feb 2016, 21:19

well Sheeo seems to be pretty busy fixing other stuff right now. I am pretty sure he does his best.
Unfourtuntely I don't have my old password either so I have the same problem like you guys.
Manfet
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times

Postby Ducky » 04 Feb 2016, 21:29

Same problem, please fix.
Ducky
Crusader

FAF User Name: Ducky