Always frozen games

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Always frozen games

Postby Prince__ » 05 May 2012, 00:25

What the hell is happening everytime in everygame from me? ALL LATEST games stopped working after a while!!!!!???

Yeah of course .. shit GPG codes or something (you guys would say),well ,on GPGnet it was fine.I didn't even know that games are able to freeze so often.

Anyone told me once that any player can cause it ,but why on FAF and not on GPGnet?

I don't care about the ratingpoints , I care about the players ... I always have to restart my pc and that means I will be destroyed ingame .. what will the others think about me ? I'm a leaver guy? Do I need to change my nick then every day?

All is at the moment prettty fine .. but these freezes are making me so *****

Fix at first your unbalanced ,bugged FA patches ,which cause these errors .. then the lobby.
Prince__
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Re: Always frozen games

Postby Prince__ » 05 May 2012, 00:48

And a nice player pmed to show the not needed logs ... well Zep didn't seen something in the first time .. so he won't see NOW something.

FAF: http://pastebin.com/R7QmTsCF

FA: http://pastebin.com/CnZKqBS9

good luck .. and I used the GPG version from FA before,so Steam doesn't cause it.
Prince__
Priest

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 May 2012, 00:48

If it's happens all the time, and only for you (because I don't have a lot of complain, in fact you are the first one this week), it's probably something in your config.

FAF is really out of cause now, you are connecting through a local server (so unless you lose connection with your own PC, it cannot be a connection error).

Someone on the facebook page said that putting his swap file to 4 GB (fixed) solved all his problems.

More than logs, you have to provide the exact circumstances of the freeze. (minutes in games, what was happening, did you have behind datas - you should play with shownetworkstat opened until it's sorted)

By the way, you probably doesn't need to reboot. Did you tried ctrl-alt-delete ? That would be the first time I've hear that it doesn't kill FA successfully.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Prince__ » 05 May 2012, 01:02

I tried all ,but onthing is working .. it's just making a nice rrrrrrr or sssss .. (however you call it^^) vioce in my headset.

And btw. It might be useful that it's happening since the 3612 patch (or mb 3613)

All worked fine before
Prince__
Priest

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 May 2012, 01:13

Hm, your description doesn't sound like the "usual" freezing problem that was solved this week. (nobody ever reported a sound loop). And in all of these freeze problems, the user was able to kill FA with ctrl-alt-delete.

Not being able to retake control/hard lock, sound loop, It sure sounds like an hardware/driver issue.
You should start checking your memory by running that test : http://www.memtest86.com.

You should then run a burn test (like the one in sandra http://www.sisoftware.net/).

My old PC was having these kind of freezes. That was caused by my CPU over-heating due to too much dust in the radiator. You should check that too.

Can also be the graphic card. Do you have an ATi or a GeForce 8800 ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby EdWood » 05 May 2012, 04:55

Yes,

I had freezes for a while, but if you wait 5 min, the game will continue without a desync...you could also kill the FA process via Task Manager...this always happend for me when the first guy died or left the game. A stuttering with sound never happend to me though, this might really be a different problem. Also, I use a quadraphonic speaker system and someone from the FAF team also gave me a good tip to change the settings back to stereo... also fixed some issues that made my game freeze in FAF...and only in FAF...you might try that one too.
EdWood
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 May 2012, 11:07

EdWood wrote:I had freezes for a while, but if you wait 5 min, the game will continue without a desync..

That is fixed (was due to some network issues, fixed since there is a relay server) and it's not what is experiencing Prince : your problem occurred when FA was submitting tons of XML stats. For prince, it's random. That's why I don't think it's related to FAF or even the LUA code (or we would get that a lot).

EdWood wrote:Yes,
also fixed some issues that made my game freeze in FAF...and only in FAF...you might try that one too.

That's also a FA bug. Maybe GPGNet was forcing stereo, but I've hard time believing it :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby ElCapitan » 05 May 2012, 11:30

Prince__ wrote:I tried all ,but onthing is working .. it's just making a nice rrrrrrr or sssss .. (however you call it^^) vioce in my headset.

And btw. It might be useful that it's happening since the 3612 patch (or mb 3613)

All worked fine before

This sounds like a hardware problem. Do you get visible artifacts on screen once the system hangs?
Normally, such a situation (if you can't alt-tab back to windows) calls for a bluescreen.
If it's the hardware you might end up with an unresponsive system, a looping half-second of sound and possibly a distorted still-image of the last displayed frame on your screen.
The cause for this might be as mild as an overheating component or as bad as a RAM/GRAM failure.
Both of these things tend to cause problems out of the blue.

Have you tried older FA versions since these freezes started happening? You might have the same problem with them now.
That would be rather conclusive.

Bluescreen-less freezes are rather hard to debug, tho. Something trivial might be causing it. Best of luck.
a Troll wrote:I refute your shaky arguments. Please be considerate and refute mine aswell.
How else are we ever gonna get closer to the truth?
ElCapitan
Crusader

Postby Prince__ » 05 May 2012, 21:16

Ze_PilOt wrote:My old PC was having these kind of freezes. That was caused by my CPU over-heating due to too much dust in the radiator. You should check that too.

Can also be the graphic card. Do you have an ATi or a GeForce 8800 ?

I have a 460 GTX.

So and the first thing with the over heated CPU could be the problem .. there was really much dust in it ,but I planned to clean it up later .. in the summer time and I've had my dou core 2.33 for a long at 3.1 oced.

And I also have to say that my pc crashed very very very often after Windows started .. sometimes it was frozen and sometimes it restarted directly.Well I thought it was windows ,so I reinstalled it and it seems like that it's fixed .. well I got these kinds of fails sometimes but it's working now 2 weeks good.Just not after a while FA.

Hum well .. that could be everything which is causing the strange errors.
-

I will clean it up tomorrow and see what will happen the next weeks.

And I'm sorry again because of my excitements :(

Prince
Prince__
Priest

Postby ElCapitan » 05 May 2012, 21:23

Prince__ wrote:sometimes it was frozen and sometimes it restarted directly.

These rastarts are bluescreens I suppose, Windows XP usually does an instant reboot in such a case and you won't even see the bluescreen, unless configured to not do an instant reboot.
Generally it's a good idea to disable this so you see which driver is involved in the problem.
These reboot kind of errors might well vanish when you reinstall Windows, since you'll probably end up with newer drivers.
However, if the system simply locks up and is unresponsive there's either a hardware problem, like overheating, or a very serious problem or conflict with the software causing it.

Another possibility is a weak power supply.
a Troll wrote:I refute your shaky arguments. Please be considerate and refute mine aswell.
How else are we ever gonna get closer to the truth?
ElCapitan
Crusader

Return to Tech Support