I cant login in - unique ID conflict

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

I cant login in - unique ID conflict

Postby theempire » 04 May 2012, 02:27

Hello

A few days ago i tried to login to play with a few friends. Trouble is - i forgot my password. I went to the reset password
site to reset it. I got the email verification and tried again. It didn't work ( i should have waited a few minutes since some servers take awhile to reset either because of configuration or load ). My friends were a bit impatiant so i created another account. That didn't work either, so i tried my original 'Harneyempire' then that game me the Unique ID message.

Since i am an MIS/IT guys i knew what that meant. The Game is tied to a random piece of hardware to this PC - either IP/MAC/Random hardware part or a combo of all three. So i knew i was locked. Why this level of security for a game is beyond me, but that is the way of things, since this is your game. I'm sure you have a good reason for this. I do not recall seeing this in the EULA.

In either case - i would like to play under my username of Harneyempire attached to my original email address when i first created this account. I also made the mistake of typing in harneyempire instead of Harneyempire.
Then i realize you guys are either using Unix or Linux servers where the username is also case sensitive.
I'm from the other camp of the ex-Novell and Microsoft world where we dont make the user name case sensitive.

Usually when i know i'm on a Unix/Linus server i keep EVERYTHING lower case. Can you help me - thanks

Harneyempire
theempire

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: I cant login in - unique ID conflict

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 May 2012, 08:23

Send me your email by pm so I can modify it in the DB. That's all I can't do.

The uniqueId feature is a smurf protection. We have already loosen it a little, and some people are already abusing it. It will be strengthen again soon (won't change a thing for most of the players).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Tech Support