Same map twice in ranked

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Same map twice in ranked

Postby FunkOff » 30 Apr 2012, 21:32

IT seems like the way maps are chosen in ranked, they always go the same map twice. This isn't per player, but overall. If players 1 and 2 get matched, they will be on map A for match number 1. Players 3 and 4 will get matched, also on map A for match 2. players 5 and 6 will get match 3 on map B, and playerd 7 and 8 will get match 4 on the same map, map B.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Same map twice in ranked

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 Apr 2012, 21:33

They are 3 kind of random applied to the ranked pool, so, no, it's just an idea. Check the livereplay, it's rarely twice the same in a row :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Same map twice in ranked

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 Apr 2012, 22:55

It's actually two mersenne twister applied consecutively. It's not the best ones in the world, but they are quite good.
Also, putting a lagged Fibonacci algo is an overkill for a range of 20.

(I've spend the last month coding, in other things, seeded random generator in a multithread environment for generating procedural feather barbs, I think I know what I'm talking about now :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Tech Support