Someone stole/copied my nickname on FAF

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Someone stole/copied my nickname on FAF

Postby A8uz4t0r » 26 Apr 2012, 15:21

Hi,
my name on FAF has always been A8uz4tOr, with a capital letter O.

Today on the chatlist I've seen someone named A8uz4t0r (with the number zero). This is an obvious copy of my name, and even worse : it was my exact nickname in GPGnet (when I created my account during the very early days of FAF, the number zero could not be used in a nickname so I had tu use the letter O instead)...

Please make him change to something else, since he's new on FAF : he has only 19 games when I almost have 250. (I also checked, this is the first nickname of this account, he didn't change it from a previous one).

I also think maybe :
- It's a practical joke from a friend, but I don't see who would bother creating a new account and reaching 1500+ of rating within 19 games just for a joke, seems unlikely...
- As I said when I created my account on FAF I couldn't use the number zero, and since then I thought several times to change it back in order to make it exactly like it was on GPGnet, but never did. So now I'm thinking it's got to be me from the future reminding me that I failed to change it and that I have to do it now... Y U NO contact me direclty ?! I want to see the games you play in the future !!!!
A8uz4t0r

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Someone stole/copied my nickname on FAF

Postby muzzl » 26 Apr 2012, 17:28

I saw that guy in the chat lobby earlier. I think it's somebody using your name to try and get games going with high level players. He kept nagging like "searching" "searching" "come on guys waiting long time" and calling people out by name to join the ranked queue.
muzzl
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: muzzl

Postby A8uz4t0r » 26 Apr 2012, 17:33

ok,
thx, I tried contacting him and the ONLY response I got from him was, and i quote : "just f*** you"
So yeah, I would like to see some admin responding and telling him to change his name completly, that would be helpfull, thanks in advance admins.
A8uz4t0r

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Apr 2012, 11:05

He is banned until he explain himself.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby A8uz4t0r » 27 Apr 2012, 12:48

Merci. :)
A8uz4t0r

Return to Tech Support