!!! Uninstall Lobby need HELP please URGENT !!!

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

!!! Uninstall Lobby need HELP please URGENT !!!

Postby testusetom » 09 Dec 2012, 07:02

OK, This is really complicated, but I'll explain as good as possible.

This started 1 month ago, when I decided to install FAF. I downloaded the latest lobby, but my computer keeps telling it has a dll file missing, and I can't install it. From that second, I made the worst decision of my life ─ unpacking the installer.

After unpacking the installer with universal extractor, I ran the lobby from the unpacked files. I let it fully take over my FA, and it did a lot of changes to the game. I could use FAF with no problems except one: I can't uninstall it. Because of unpacking it, the install isn't recorded in windows. I can't go to control panel-uninstall and uninstall it.

Everyone who uses FAF knows that the original forged alliance won't work. You'll have to use the one in C:\Programdata\FAForever.

But now I want to play LAN with my friend, who doesn't understand english. Another thing is that he won't install FAF no matter what. I can play with him before, but after "unpacking" FAF I can't play with him anymore. The files in my version aren't supported by him. I have 14 player, he has 8. The colors are also totally different. He's playing with me next week, and expecting me to fix the problem.

So to the main point: How do I get rid of FAF. It's a good client, but playing with friends is more important to me. Without the uninstall option, I don't know what to do. I tried deleting ever FAF file found in C:\ drive : Programdata, cache, %appdata%, local, etc. I even tried looking for things in regedit but it appears an "unpacked" version wouldn't write anything in regedit. As long as the original version doesn't work, I can't play with him, which made him really upset last time.

Therefore, If any can help me uninstall it, or give me directions how to remove it, I will appreciate it a lot. THANKS!!!!!
Any help will be appreciated.

System spec that you should know:
Windows 7 x64 home premium

System spec that you might want to know:
intel i5
4gb RAM
Nvidia GT620M
computer is ASUS UX32VD

P.S. You know what my friend told me when I told him FAF existed? He told me (translated): <I thought we were the only one still playing FA in the world.> OMG! I told him there is like 230 people online now (midnight in USA) XD. He still refuses to install it after I begged because it's his dad's computer. (his stupid excuse)

Again, any help will be appreciated. So PLEASE HELP ME I'm so frustrated now! :cry:
testusetom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Zenith>_<

Re: !!! Uninstall Lobby need HELP please URGENT !!!

Postby rootbeer23 » 09 Dec 2012, 07:39

delete c:\Program Files\Forged Alliance

reinstall Forged Alliance
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Ze_PilOt » 09 Dec 2012, 13:20

You can play with the "original" Forged Alliance installation. No need to uninstall FAF.
But the steam and CD ones are already on different patches.

But you can also give him the programData folder, so he can play the FAF one too.

The easiest solution is that he asks his dad to install FAF. Not the dumbest game he can play on his computer :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby testusetom » 10 Dec 2012, 02:09

Ummm... You guys don't get the point. I "unpacked" the installer because my computer won't let me install it. Therefore, there is no proper uninstall solution. Do U guys ever finish reading the post, or I am unclear? I am currently using the unpacked FAF lobby to play, and it messed up with my computer. I can't uninstall it, and now I want to totally get rid of it but I can't! I am not new for softwares, I mostly understand how "installed" version works, so please don't give me useless answers like the first one.

As for the second post, have you ever tried the original one? It doesn't work. The map won't show, can't launch, and many other problems. Also, I will try convincing him to install it if I can't fix it.

So PLEASE give me helpful awswers I BEG you guys!
testusetom

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Zenith>_<

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Dec 2012, 09:46

As you don't even have any idea of what you exactly did, it will be very hard to help you.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Mr-Smith » 10 Dec 2012, 11:38

the original game is still working.

faf does not change any game files. it creates a new exe in its own folder.
only problem that may be occure is that if you have selectet a max unit number in the faf lobby wich does ot exist in the standart fa than you get that black screen when launching.
If you can't beat us...
...join us.
Doge This, hover ACU: https://youtu.be/a67tvWmu31Y?list=LLW-T ... O4fQ&t=179
Mr-Smith
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Mr-Smith

Return to Tournaments