My Account got deleted and unable to connect to FAF lobby.

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

My Account got deleted and unable to connect to FAF lobby.

Postby Nombringer » 16 Nov 2012, 06:58

EDIT: after creating the new account and closing FAF on the processes tab on task manager after my current restart (number three) I was able to get it running, however I'm still confused about why this DID NOT WORK every other time and the deletion of my forums account still confuses me.

First I'll start off by saying both that I have not been able to find the log fail for FAF, (faforever.log) on my computer and that I have been playing on FAF for about a week and a half and I am enjoying it very much. I had never been able to play this game online before as my CD key was already in use and I was unable to create a GPG account. This community driven lobby is amazing and I hope it lasts for as long as it can.

Here's what happen'd:

I hosted a game and alt tabbed to watch some youtube, after a while I realised that no-one was joining, however when I looked at my game in the FAF lobby the game still had the map that it was when I first created the game, (crag dunes) and NOT the map that I had changed to.

Puzzled, I closed FA by exiting the game normally, then closed the FAF lobby. When I tried to open it again I simply got 'Establishing connection' with the loading bar. After a while I got the message

Error message..jpg
Error message..jpg (331.11 KiB) Viewed 1796 times

I then restarted my computer twice and the same thing happen'd however now it simply comes up with the error message without even showing the loading bar.

I then went to create this report on the forums and attempted to log in, however I was told the password I was using was incorrect. I then went to 'forgot your password' and typed in my e-mail, which was saved chrome (popped up as I began typing it). I was then told there was 'no valid account with that email'. (or something similar I cant remember the exact wording)

I also have a screenshot of the original validation email:

Account validation.jpg
Account validation.jpg (255.38 KiB) Viewed 1796 times

I then created an account using THE SAME NAME AND EMAIL which I am now using, however, no validation email was sent.

Would appreciate help in regards to this problem.. I LOVE THIS GAME!!! :)

Thank you
Last edited by Nombringer on 16 Nov 2012, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Re: My Account got deleted and unable to connect to FAF lobb

Postby Nombringer » 16 Nov 2012, 07:07

I feel I should also mention I had to enable UPnP to connect to games otherwise I simply got 'connecting to game' and could not join
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Nov 2012, 12:02

You can't create more than one account with the same email.
The message you've got has nothing to do with the authentification at all. It's another instance of the lobby still running.

I have no idea what you did exactly (it's not very clear), but all the tools are running correctly, you should be able to solve it yourself if you enter the correct datas.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Nombringer » 18 Nov 2012, 05:18

That's what had me confused, as you can clearly see from the screenshot, I had an account named nombringer, are forums accounts seperate from other accounts, and yes that bug was that the FAF lobby was not showing up in the task menu and was only in the processes tab, and for some reason I could not terminate it.

Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Return to Tournaments