few things need a fix

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

few things need a fix

Postby AwarE » 09 Nov 2012, 09:08

Some things i have noticed where people say "wotz up with that?"

1. UEF destroyer has a Battleship icon and the UEF Battlecrusier has a destroyer icon.
2. Aeon T1 heavy hover tank seems to lose its target at times and then just shoot randomly about, even when it is under attack from a unit within its visual range.
3. All factions need an anti-nuke weapon on their battleships or T3 subs.
4. The lobby 'Large Preview' shows rectangler maps very poorly because the markers do not line up with the map image.
5. The in-game AI text taunts are sometimes so broken by display that they can not be read.
"I will hun
t you to t
he end o
f
the"
rest of message is lost.

I hope these little probs can be corrected to improve the game.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Re: few things need a fix

Postby ColonelSheppard » 10 Nov 2012, 04:28

1. dunno for sure why this was changed but it think it was because the Coopers and the Destroyers were difficult to serperate form orbital view
2. pretty sure that this is more or less the same as with the Oblivion weapons: once they started charching they will shot, even if the target moves faster than the turret range
3. what?
4. thats a problem of the maps unfixable by the insanious amount of maps
5.never saw this but if it is happening i have no idea why however i dont think it's that bad
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Swkoll » 11 Nov 2012, 06:01

Number 5 can be fixed by adjusting the size of the chat window.
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby AwarE » 12 Nov 2012, 12:35

@ColonelSheppard...
1./ Yeah its anybody guess... maybe they went for faction diversity by allowing UEF a false flag... idk
2./ They are not chasing any target... they have lost all sense of reality and are shootin in the dark. Interesting thing is that they can recover from their apparent insanity after say 1min and then continue to function normally.
3./ Lets do Naval... sure build lots of expensive shipyards and pump out destroyers and battleships for a good naval battle. Oh shit.. I can't cover my naval with a land based anti-nuke. Goodbye sailor...nuclear launch detected.
4./ This has nothing to do with maps and all to do with the lobby 'large preview' map display. The map image and the marker image are on two different sized templates when rectangular maps are displayed. All that needs to be done is resize the marker image to 1/2 width or 1/2 height depending on orientation.
5./ Its not that bad... it only seems to happen in late game and by then you should have heard it all b4.

@Swkoll... 5./ Sure... I have tried to increase textbox size cos that seemed obvious solution ... but I could not do it in textbox options or by drag sizing... maybe you can enlighten me?
AwarE
Priest

Postby NotAsian » 12 Nov 2012, 14:36

3. Anti-Nuke used to be placeable on water... not sure why that ability was taken away.
Intentions for modification of next season of ladder
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2030
very minor and feels like a waste.
NotAsian
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: NotAsian

Postby ColonelSheppard » 12 Nov 2012, 16:33

guess this was only the case in supcom vanilla, was useless anyway as they could not be shielded and were taken out by air or naval way too easy
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby AwarE » 12 Nov 2012, 22:31

In Supcom vanilla battleships had on-board, auto build anti-nuke defense... somebody removed it.
Even 10years ago TA had the energy ship that was capable of building on-board anti-nuke.
roj

PS.. I do not know about the anti-nuke building placable on water... if it could be placed on the sea floor it would be fine.
I think the best place for it to be mounted is the T3 Strategic Missile Submarine for UEF, Aeon and Cybran. It would need to go on Seraphim's T3 Submarine Hunter or T3 Strategic Missile Battleship.
AwarE
Priest

Postby ColonelSheppard » 12 Nov 2012, 22:58

Pilot already said what to do: make it a mod, make it most played on FAF com again :)
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby Adraius » 13 Nov 2012, 00:27

These changes will not occur by a) asking ZeP to make them himself, or b) the person suggesting it having to make a whole new mod. Both are infeasible.

If a modder/coder could fix the more common-sense things like 2, 4, and 5, ZeP might integrate those tweaks. Not sure if ZeP would make a more substantial change like 3, but I personally think it's a good balance change. Not sure on 1.

The main point is that in order for changes to be made, the person suggesting the changes needs to make the changes himself (or convince a more knowledgeable modder to do so), and then present those to ZeP.

The main issue, AwarE, is finding someone to actually make the changes.
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby eXcalibur » 14 Nov 2012, 22:30

even if you program a mod, it will not be implemented into faf by zep this year.
look here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1929
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Next

Return to Tournaments