i played my own game after someone dc the other played another game
Styrbjorn
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Styrbjorn

Re: Strange desync

Postby Fiete_F_F » 31 Oct 2012, 11:55

...okay, why this picture is here and may be some details, under which circumstances this happend.

The main reason is, that the "other" team (north) did not believe what we were telling them and Styrb wanted to proof his comments - the screenshot shows air dominance of the south team (with styr), a T4 in North-Air-Base (almost destroyed). The other active player in that game (including me) had a totally different view, with air dominace of the north, the T4 got defeated by strats before reaching the north base, and (most important from my point of view), I was hit by these strats too and were dead.
So, Ramak, Combo & Co - look, in Styrbs version of the game he won...i can understand, that you did not believe this, but I had him on skype and it took us several details to find out, that there were 2 different games running, and the only active connection was the chat, which worked until the end.

To the history of that desync: one player had a disc. While waiting for the kick-screen Styrb told me, that he wants a coffee, leaving the pc. After the drop of the desynced player I paused the game, waiting for styrb to come back, informing the other players. After unpause all players hat desync-messages, but the game seemed playable...later we found out about the 2 "different" games.

Scoring worked as far as I see - no scores, to many desyncs.

That´s the story behind that picture. Awesome, isn´t it?
I know that from replays, but never experienced it in an live game before.

Gl & hf
Fiete
Fiete_F_F
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Fiete_F_F

Postby Voodoo » 31 Oct 2012, 14:11

Styrbjorn wrote:i played my own game after someone dc the other played another game

That is normal when the game isn't running synchronous.

But you haven't posted a question.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby rootbeer23 » 31 Oct 2012, 16:23

http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2011/07/0 ... f-desyncs/

tl;dr: if there is a desync, the live game or replay will not be accurate. experience show that is the case of supreme commander, the inaccuracies are severe after a little time has passed.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Return to Tournaments