Matched against a player 700 ranks above me four times.

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Matched against a player 700 ranks above me four times.

Postby Tee » 21 Oct 2012, 15:11

This is so infuriating. I was matched against Agrum 4 times on the trot; I have NO CHANCE, against someone who is in the top 100; I need to be introduced to better play gradually. How does the automatic matching of players work? Because to me; that's just nuts.

I can understand once in while to throw in a curve ball and see how the player gets on; but FOUR times? If I was a complete Newbie; that would put me off completely. Is that what the community wants? To put new ladder players off for life?

This has happened on more than one occasion. Is there anything that can be done to change the weighting system? :o
Tee

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Tee

Re: Matched against a player 700 ranks above me four times.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Oct 2012, 15:22

Agrum is #224, you are #450. It's 700 ranks above you in your head or twisted math world only.
And in rating numbers, you are close. Maybe you are noober than you think, but your enemy was really not a top player.

And you are a "new ladder player" with 225 games played on it ?

There is nothing that can be done to be make the system better, it works perfectly. The average win ratio is close to 50%, as it should be in a perfect system.

The only thing that can make it better is more player. Probably never going to happen.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Softly » 21 Oct 2012, 17:26

Ze_PilOt wrote:The average win ratio is close to 50%, as it should be in a perfect system.

Umm, isn't that because theres a winner and a loser normally, so one of them increases the number of wins and the other the number of losses...?

In any case I believe the matchmaking system works as well as it can be expected to, if you don't get matched to someone exactly your skill the reason is that they are not searching!
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Oct 2012, 18:58

I mean that almost every player win/lose half their matches, not that there is a equal numbers of win and losses overall (that can't be otherwise :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby GallantDragon » 09 Nov 2012, 04:57

I guess the problem really is just that there are not enough new players :(
GallantDragon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Return to Tournaments