Computer crash when launching FA from FAF

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Computer crash when launching FA from FAF

Postby notebag » 14 Oct 2012, 02:05

My entire system crashes once I launch a game or attempt to join a game from FAF.
This is not the case when I launch a game from steam ( I bought a version from steam) signaling to me that it is an issue with FAF and my system communicating.

1. Once I attempt to launch the game, my monitor goes to the background with no icons or programs running and I loose all ability to interact with it. CTRL_ALT_DELETE results in a black screen and ESC allows me to go back to the background with no icons or ability to ineract with the user interface. This results in me having to kill the power on the computer and reboot.

I am unable to extract an error report since I am forced to shutdown my computer.

Options tried:
1. Reinstalling operating system (currently running Windows 7)
2. Getting a new computer (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... =dhs&cs=19) This is currently the new system I am running, I figured it was just something with the new one and replaced it, but this is now signaling that FAF is the problem, not the computer.
3. Reinstalling FAF (heck, who knows something might have been missed)
4. Ran system checks
5. ??????? ( I am out of ideas)

I have searched for other problems like this, but alas, I seem tot be the only one. :evil:

Please help! This is a brand new system and runs beautifully on steam, but no one uses steam!!!
notebag
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: notebag

Re: Computer crash when launching FA from FAF

Postby notebag » 17 Oct 2012, 02:37

I have taken the liberty to throw the computer out a window never to see the light of day again.

The frustration this thing has cause me is incomprehensible.. No longer... :mrgreen:
notebag
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: notebag

Return to Tournaments