FAF Champions&Challengers

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: FAF Champions&Challengers

Postby FtXCommando » 20 Jul 2020, 07:11

I'd really rather you don't use ladder for something like this. If you want to accomplish the same thing, as you're streaming, you can just use a RNG online and then pick the map based on what 1-20 number it rolls.

If you both don't care if you just get random dudes between your games, then more power to you I guess.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Captcha-Lover » 20 Jul 2020, 10:10

ok we can do it as you say, powerful player counziller FTX
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Captchagachi

Postby Swkoll » 20 Jul 2020, 18:56

This seems like a better way to do it, I'd also like to reroll repeat maps so each map in the BO7 is different.
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby Captcha-Lover » 20 Jul 2020, 23:18

That's fine for me, how about random factions? Kappa

Oh and do you match our wager ftx??
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Postby FtXCommando » 21 Jul 2020, 00:43

$50 is a bit richer than what I’d feel comfortable matching since I’m giving $100 to league this month. I’ll ask Anihilnine to make a news post about the challenge system and ideally challenges as they happen. Hopefully that leads to people independently adding their own wager so I don’t need to always use FAF funds.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Captcha-Lover » 21 Jul 2020, 04:22

so if we only put 10 dollars on the line you wouldve matched? add at least 10 or 15 or it literally doesnt make sense.
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Postby Captcha-Lover » 22 Jul 2020, 19:31

I like playing swkoll and I love the idea of the grudge matches, especially the part with the strongly worded letter, and I love the idea of wagers so you get the feeling something is on the line, like a boxing match. very cool!

what I dont love is the idea that apparently me and swkoll are not interesting enough for such matches to be supported as opposed to what you have promised.
you make a proposal with the intent to increase ladder activity, add something new, add some spice to the competitive scene. swkoll and myself both currently active in both forums and the game itself first stumble across your post and see a natural fit and propose a match, the impulse came from swkoll btw.

then we see that there is clearly a two class system in place with favoritism and such, and apparently me or swkoll or both of us arnt deemed worthy, skilled or popular enough to receive support. you even ask for conditions: "please use rng, dont use ladder" and try to impose your ideas of how the match has to look, obviously admitting that we do this thing here now. and then you have the insolence to treat as as not worthy to be supported. if you wanted to support you could add a formal 10 dollars to the match to acknowlege it, but you dont.

for that reason I withdraw my challenge. I can play mozy or swkoll in ladder, we are 5 people in ladder in our range and dont need your challenge, if its only hot air anyway or only deemed for the 25 remaining people above our ladder rating.

sorry but I really dont like it that way, I feel disrespected to the core and now feel less motivated to play ladder or do anything for this community than I have before you proposed this pretty fun idea.
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Postby FtXCommando » 22 Jul 2020, 21:17

For one, I’m not putting money into anything where I haven’t verified funds existing. If you were so adamant about this, you’d be contacting me for a paypal address to send the funds to.

Two, it’s been two days, two weekdays, and so I haven’t even had a chance to think about the situation.

Three, I’m uninterested in entertaining delusional conspiracies. All this is doing is giving me flashbacks to your last, fake tournament attempt. Frankly this manufactured drama attempt just makes me think there was never going to be any games, so this really has no effect on me at all.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Captcha-Lover » 23 Jul 2020, 00:47

of course there would be games nice throwing accusations when attacked thats the spirit i expected no less.
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Postby ThomasHiatt » 26 Jul 2020, 23:58

Is there any person in this community that would wager $50 on a BO7 series against me?
ThomasHiatt

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 110 times
FAF User Name: ThomasHiatt

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments