Mapping Tournament 4 (20x20)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Mapping Tournament 4 (20x20)

Postby Petricpwnz » 21 Mar 2020, 03:07

Submitting Adaptive Kusoge (v0003), works with however many players you need. Measured to have AT LEAST 15x15 km playable area by an indian intern team using an atomic ruler. It also has a nice easter egg.

Spoiler: show

Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby MadMax » 30 Mar 2020, 18:41

Adaptive Furious Road
Supporting Documentation

Concept

I wanted to create a desert wasteland inhabited by a resident warlord, with different levels to fight on and have open spaces too, my original concept was to not have any start bases, but you had to go and take an existing mass deposit base which has minimal defences (2x T1 PD and 1 T2 AA) then across the map between the teams lies the warlords territory, which has 2 bases with mass and a hydro each.

Warlords Base

Mex Base
My original concept was to only have mass in the mass bases, to make the map feel like a wasteland, but because this will only encourage turtle gameplay, I placed mass around the map to counter this and added 2 core mass spots with the option for 4 and 6, I also reduced the amount of mass in the mass bases from 4 to 2 so it will still have strategic importance, and be worth the time spent knocking out the defences, as a bonus the mass bases have wreckage mex on the mass spots so you get +50% build.

Strategies

I must say that I am a noob so take my ideas on strategises on that basis, but I will attempt to out line some useful ideas. To deal with the anti air transport rush I have placed defences, now while approach from the air is near impossible at the start, T1 artillery and an engineer are very effective, there is a line of air defences across the map but no PD's in places so there are gaps to exploit with land units
Red line = route with no PD's
Blue line = defence line
Blue dots = mass bases with PD's + AA's

Adaptive Options

Underlined = Default

Core mexes
0, 2, 4

Original mexes
adds mex spread around the map ON or OFF.

Extra mexes at mex bases
adds 2 extra mass to mass bases ON or OFF.

Warlords bases
Off, Spawn as wreckage, Spawn active.

Warlords Defences
Off, spawn wreckage or active
Level 1 – T1 PD T2 AA,*
Level 2 – T2 PD T2 AA,
Level 3 – T3 PD T3 AA.

* Active

Conclusion and further ideas

Overall I am happy with how this map has turned out and I enjoyed the process of making it to, I do have some ideas moving forward, I would like to have units patrolling the warlords base if that's possible?
Or i even toyed with the idea of the 2 bases being occupied by Ai but this would have given any player spawning in those positions an unfair advantage over the other slots because they would need to spawn with defences and units already set up, maybe something for an unranked version, I also like the idea of piggy in the middle play with a 3rd team acting as the warlord with their objective of just defending their territory like a survival map with teams 1 and 2 trying to take each other out and the warlord,
If by some miracle I do win the contest I would be happy to make a proper ladder fix, for starters I would remove defence line and the warlords bases would become Army 3 and 4 so you would have a front / side player and rear player. I would probably keep the defences at the mass bases.

I would be open to considering other ideas for a possible ladder fix if needed.
MadMax
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: MadMax

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 31 Mar 2020, 18:25

Adaptive Tessalis Isles. Set up for 1v1 and 2v2 mainly, but can host up to 16 players. Spawn points for players 5 through 16 don't spawn all mexes if these aren't in.
Attachments
Adaptive Tessalis Isles Finished.png
Adaptive Tessalis Isles Finished.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby FtXCommando » 31 Mar 2020, 18:53

Thanks for the submissions everyone! Letting people know that the tournament will close in 20 hours (12:00 UTC tomorrow). If you haven’t submitted yet but want to participate, be aware of the deadline.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 31 Mar 2020, 21:27

Just to be sure (in case you already downloaded my map), I have made some changes to prevent possible build issues with the north/south underwater hydro (it's not underwater anymore now), and a slight ridge sharpening to prevent units taking difficult paths. After the changes and issues due to the changes :) the map is now at version 4.

Edit: version 5.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby MadMax » 01 Apr 2020, 13:56

Good luck everyone
MadMax
Crusader

Postby FtXCommando » 01 Apr 2020, 14:49

Submissions are closed, I’ll be making a decision some time over the next week.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 09 Apr 2020, 18:05

So unfortunately my GPU crapped out this week and I’ve had to order a new one. I don’t want to rate maps purely off of screenshots so I unfortunately need to delay the “official” ranking of maps. I’ll be collecting the opinions of other people, though.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby MadMax » 22 Apr 2020, 13:19

Any idea yet when the results will be announced?
MadMax
Crusader

Postby FtXCommando » 22 Apr 2020, 16:34

Will do it later today once I've caught up on classwork.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments