Restriction Affliction 1v1 Tournament (22/2)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Restriction Affliction 1v1 Tournament (15/2)

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Feb 2020, 01:32

Emperor_Penguin wrote:I'll signup, pending time of day for the games...

Updated. Knew I forgot something 4head
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby armacham01 » 06 Feb 2020, 02:00

Sign me up, please.

Also, you might want to consider having an assistant TD to handle the lower-rated tournament brackets since with this rate of sign-ups there could be enough interest to support 2+ brackets below the top 2. It would be good if a few more people had experience with being a TD and you could still be the "top TD" who handles any problems that the junior TD can't fix (or, that they create). I'm not volunteering to do it. I just think it would be helpful if people with an interest in running tournaments got the chance to get some experience. It might encourage more people to host/fund tournaments in the future. And, it appears that the demand for tournaments right now exceeds the supply.

Of course to be a TD they would have to commit to being available that day which probably means they can't participate in the tournament themselves (or their entire bracket would go on hold whenever they were in a game), so you need to find people who are both available and also interested in the tournament but not interested in participating o_O perhaps there are some such people. They won't come forward unless you ask them to.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Feb 2020, 03:16

armacham01 wrote:Sign me up, please.

Also, you might want to consider having an assistant TD to handle the lower-rated tournament brackets since with this rate of sign-ups there could be enough interest to support 2+ brackets below the top 2. It would be good if a few more people had experience with being a TD and you could still be the "top TD" who handles any problems that the junior TD can't fix (or, that they create). I'm not volunteering to do it. I just think it would be helpful if people with an interest in running tournaments got the chance to get some experience. It might encourage more people to host/fund tournaments in the future. And, it appears that the demand for tournaments right now exceeds the supply.

Of course to be a TD they would have to commit to being available that day which probably means they can't participate in the tournament themselves (or their entire bracket would go on hold whenever they were in a game), so you need to find people who are both available and also interested in the tournament but not interested in participating o_O perhaps there are some such people. They won't come forward unless you ask them to.

Well I shouldn't have much of a problem, the easiest part of TD'ing is the actual tournament (if you did everything properly beforehand). Of course, if someone wants to take a babystep into TD'ing I can always work something out with them and introduce them to best practices. I'd say the attempt to find people would be better left to me working with Dog about some tournament newsletter, but if someone that stumbles upon the thread wants to take a shot at TD'ing, that works too.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 06 Feb 2020, 06:08

Little Miss Murder wrote:
Possibly because, traditionally, Joes don't really stand a chance of winning anything and so don't bother?

ETA. And no, not everyone can or should be a winner. Do what you think is best and what doesn't turn into a logistics nightmare.

Usually people that play 1v1 tournaments end up reaching 1500+ ladder in a few months. Of course there are outliers, but playing in a tournament usually goes hand in hand with trying to be better at the game than other players, and to do that you must practice a lot. I guess what I am saying is there just isn't a big demographic of lower rated players that also want to play in tournaments.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby po3try » 06 Feb 2020, 13:18

I'm in.

FAF username:
Oujo_

Global rating:

Ladder :
N/A
po3try

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: po3try

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Feb 2020, 17:32

Added $15 for the 2nd Bracket courtesy of Box-.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Angel » 12 Feb 2020, 06:57

Signing up
Angel

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Raphtalia

Postby Little Miss Murder » 12 Feb 2020, 08:33

I'm withdrawing my participation.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Bennis- » 12 Feb 2020, 16:04

bennis the crusher is in
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Eternal » 12 Feb 2020, 18:10

deleted
Spoiler: show
I believe that it is necessary for the major League to make a low rating threshold of 1800
Last edited by Eternal on 16 Feb 2020, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
My power is limitless. I`m eternity itself
Eternal
Crusader

Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Eternal-

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments