Restriction Affliction 1v1 Tournament (22/2)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Restriction Affliction 1v1 Tournament (15/2)

Postby Morax » 05 Feb 2020, 14:08

I'll give this a go.

One piece of feedback: theta passage 5 might not really go over 125 units. I have seen plenty of games end early, so maybe remove that.

Four leaf clover, maybe, because of the deaths in middle...
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Little Miss Murder » 05 Feb 2020, 17:49

FtXCommando wrote:Any comments or concerns about the procedures or structure of the tournament? Please post them here.

I OBJECT! I just had a practice game on open palms. I have no idea what I'm doing, m'lud! :oops:

ETA so now two games, the first against Medicraze @ ~1.5K, the second against Iznogoud, who's a 1600. There is no way anybody at around 1K can compete.

This is by way of saying that the tourney rating brackets, while not elitist per se, are not open to Joe average in any realistic sense. :cry:
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Farmsletje » 05 Feb 2020, 18:30

in
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby FtXCommando » 05 Feb 2020, 18:58

Little Miss Murder wrote:
FtXCommando wrote:Any comments or concerns about the procedures or structure of the tournament? Please post them here.

I OBJECT! I just had a practice game on open palms. I have no idea what I'm doing, m'lud! :oops:

ETA so now two games, the first against Medicraze @ ~1.5K, the second against Iznogoud, who's a 1600. There is no way anybody at around 1K can compete.

This is by way of saying that the tourney rating brackets, while not elitist per se, are not open to Joe average in any realistic sense. :cry:

I made my initial bracket gauged on past experience with the people that sign up for tournaments. If I get, for example, 5-6 dudes at 1000 rating or below, I would definitely make a bracket for them to play in. The people that typically enter tournaments hover in the upper quartile of FAF ratings, though.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby FtXCommando » 05 Feb 2020, 19:00

Morax wrote:I'll give this a go.

One piece of feedback: theta passage 5 might not really go over 125 units. I have seen plenty of games end early, so maybe remove that.

Four leaf clover, maybe, because of the deaths in middle...

Regardless of map size, you typically hit 250 units on the map by minute 7 or 8. I am sure some games might not be influenced by the unit cap, but it will definitely be a consideration in some fashion for a solid proportion imo.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Little Miss Murder » 05 Feb 2020, 19:21

FtXCommando wrote:
Little Miss Murder wrote:

I made my initial bracket gauged on past experience with the people that sign up for tournaments. If I get, for example, 5-6 dudes at 1000 rating or below, I would definitely make a bracket for them to play in. The people that typically enter tournaments hover in the upper quartile of FAF ratings, though.

Possibly because, traditionally, Joes don't really stand a chance of winning anything and so don't bother?

ETA. And no, not everyone can or should be a winner. Do what you think is best and what doesn't turn into a logistics nightmare.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby FtXCommando » 05 Feb 2020, 19:32

Chicken or the egg. Not about making everyone a winner, it’s about reducing time waste for the players that stand no chance as well as the top players that need to waste 3 hours of the weekend crushing people they have a 99.6% chance of beating according to trueskill before getting to competitive players. It objectively is beneficial for everyone.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 05 Feb 2020, 19:45

Added a $50 prize for 1st place courtesy of Morax.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Nexus_of_Reality » 05 Feb 2020, 20:22

I'll signup
Nexus_of_Reality

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Nexus_of_Reality

Postby Emperor_Penguin » 06 Feb 2020, 00:20

I'll signup, pending time of day for the games...
Emperor_Penguin

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Emperor_Penguin

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments