2v2 Prime Commanders Tournaments (O3600 and U3600)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: 2v2 Prime Commanders Tournaments (O3600 and U3600)

Postby Hybrid_ » 11 Apr 2020, 23:09

PLAYOFFS WILL BE ON MONDAY 13TH OF APRIL 17:00

Challonge Bracket so far https://challonge.com/3flqz7tt
i dont troll, i just like to meme
Hybrid_
Contributor

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Hybrid_

Postby Evan_ » 11 Apr 2020, 23:48

Excellent tourney Hybrid! Was glad to play today and excited for the next!
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby harzer99 » 12 Apr 2020, 00:57

I also had a great experience. The tourney didn't start on time because of so many last minute participants. Probably setting the deadline 1-2 hours before the start would improve that a lot. Other than that the tourney went super smooth for Hummel and me. Note our break round was at the end. We only waited about 10 min between each match and hybrid always was super quick to respond to us. Only thing that was unclear before the tournament was the full share option. I was kind of expecting it but I didn't see it in the post. We would definetly join a tournament like this again. Maybe we get an U3200 group so we get a chance of winning it. :D
harzer99
Crusader

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: harzer99

Postby FtXCommando » 12 Apr 2020, 01:41

Conorach wrote:Suggestions and comments:
- As first time tournament participants, it was a little unclear as to what to expect, but the info on the forum, and the participation of the more experienced players helped us a lot.
- Timing wise it did take a good 5 hours from start to finish, including a long break time. I don't think that's something that can easily be prevented, but it's good to know for those that join to expect such long period of playing.
- Commitment: Of course this is an online, unpaid, no-stakes event. Therefore it is to be expected that people either sign up late, or cancel. Be a good participant and try your best to plan according to the requirements and make it on time to the tournament and help everything to run smoothly.

Wishlist: More of this :) With different ranges of tournament brackets perhaps, or different formats, but overall, I love this game and I'd like to play more tournaments :)

Always good to get feedback from lower rated participants in these sort of things. I'm glad to here you didn't have too many initial barriers to entry during the process, but if you have more concrete examples of what you were unsure about when you started, let me know.

For the time aspect, I would say that the tournament ran about as long as you'd expect. A FAF match should be expected to last around 25 minutes on average, and when you include inherent time waste with setting up lobbies, bathroom breaks, food, etc, you can likely push that up to 30 minutes. This means that tournaments on FAF will usually hover around this time length. The only time I've been able to minimize it is through creating no definite brackets and instead having several broken up brackets. Which I guess addresses your later comment about having different rating range brackets in each tournament.

The major problem with that system is that it essentially forces the TD to create everything 30 minutes before the tournament begins, because, well, you saw why. People just don't really sign up/don't show up/whatever and you don't find out until the tournament is supposed to begin. This means you could have to drastically shift the brackets so that one doesn't have 2 players and another has 8. So it can be a major hassle, but it's probably the only real way to consistently get lower rated brackets going.

It's often a "chicken or the egg" argument regarding tournaments: do lower rated players not participate because all tournaments are stomps against them or do they not participate because they just don't want to. From personal experience, I can say that it seems to be a fusion of the two options.

Regardless, always glad to see new faces in tournaments!
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Hybrid_ » 13 Apr 2020, 23:58

**To be edited/updated**

Overall the tourney was pretty decent, the start was a bit messy due to the regular late signups. It was fun to watch and to td, and im happy to see others enjoyed it too.

For casting purposes i'm bringing some replay id's from the playoffs here so they can potentially be casted or watched for anyone who want to see it in their own view.

Semi Finals

[1] CorvErush VS [4] ZLO and Upcast

Game 1: #11482137

Game 2: #11482720

Final Result 0:2

[2] Paralon and Raphtalia VS [3] GBnoRE

Game 1: #11482850

Game 2: #11482124

Final Result 0:2

3rd Place Match

CorvErush VS Paralon and Raphtalia

Game 1: #11483199

Game 2: #11483466

Game 3: #11484051 (Game was a draw)

Game 4: #11490123

Final Result : 2:1

Grand Final

GBnoRE VS ZLO and Upcast

Game 1: #11484013

Game 2: #11483728

Game 3: #11483266

Final Result 2:1

[1st]Supreme Champion: GBnoRE
[2nd]Worthy Adversary: Zlo and Darkness king
[3rd]Maybe Next Time: CorvErush

Congrats to F-Odin and Freedom_!
Thank you everyone for participating!

Everyone who won an avatar, go and contact Giebmassse about receiving it.
Hybrid_
Contributor

Postby Resistance » 14 Apr 2020, 19:48

i would really like to say Thank you to all the players and especially for the TD,which had to menage all the stuff,it's good that this games keeps being somewhat active,and even if my team didn't manage to get the first or second place,i enjoyed most games,even if some of them were abominations,due to me being very exhausted,i did enjoy playing with my friend,i have learned some stuff from farm's casts and finally i could get the 2 v 2.

i just regret the fact that i couldn't show my entire potential,tho i feel pleased,as i fulfilled my will to get into some adequate gameplay once again,i am looking forward to get involved in more tourneys.

have a good attitude,wish ya luck,kind regards Resi!
*time to hunt smurfs*
Resistance

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Resistance

Postby Hybrid_ » 18 Apr 2020, 17:09

Due to low signups for the o3600 bracket im going to postpone the tournament until further notice.
Hybrid_
Contributor

Previous

Return to Tournaments