WWPC Revived (1v1)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

WWPC Revived (1v1)

Postby TheKoopa » 18 Nov 2019, 22:05

Everyone's favorite infinite tournament is coming back to life! Hosted by yours truly, with a few extra twists to make things a little more interesting.

There are 4 potential titles to win, in 4 different rating brackets, so everyone from all levels of FAF gets a chance to win a fancy schmancy avatar!

1) O1900 Image
2) U1900 Image
3) U1500 Image
4) U1100 Image

How it's gonna work:

Starting with this revival, I will be running this WWPC as a biweekly tournament, however, a new "anarchy" mechanic is being introduced into the fold. For the first 2 weeks, a running bracket will be used, then the next 2 weeks, there will be no bracket and you are able to challenge the champions directly.

Bracket Fortnight:

This will be done as previous WWPC tournaments. To play, you are to sign up to any divisions you want to participate in (and meet the requirements for) in this thread, and a bracket will be made, where a single elimination bo1 knockouts will be played. The maps for the brackets will be a 5x5 or a 10x10 randomly selected by me.
Once the brackets are completed and a challenger arises, the challenger is to play a bo5 with the title holder, with the map selection proceeding as follows:

1) 5x5 challenger's choice
2) 5x5 champion's choice (champ may switch it out for a 10x10)
3) 10x10 loser's choice
4) 10x10 champion's choice (champ may switch it out for a 20x20)
5) 20x20 loser's choice

These are to be completed by the time the 2 weeks are up.

Anarchy Fortnight:

There will be no bracket for this fortnight. To play, you can challenge the title holder by posting on this thread and simply play your games. The format for this, however, will not be a bo5, it will be a bo3 with the champion acting as if he's on the winner's side of a double elimination tournament, and the challenger on the loser's. There can be max ONE challenge per week. If the champion feels he can fit more challengers, he is fit to play more games.

The games will proceed as such:

1) Champion's Choice
2) Challenger's Choice
3) Champion's Choice

If the champion wins, the challenger is defeated. If the challenger wins, another bo3 is to be played, which is to proceed as such:

1) Challenger's Choice
2) Loser's Choice
3) Champion's Choice

The results of this set will determine the new champion. You may not play 1 map more than once in either the bo5 or both bo3s. Challenges are done on a first come, first serve basis.

Draw results in replaying that map (applicable to all games)
You do not have to play all of the games in a set consecutively, it's fully acceptable to play 1 game today, 2 games tomorrow, etc, as long as you get them done before the resets on Monday.

Rating Requirements:

Your ladder rating will be counted, since this is a 1v1 tournament. However, if there is a large discrepancy between your global rating and your ladder rating, you will be moved accordingly. There will be a 50 point tolerance allowed for champions, so, i.e., you can be 1550 and still hold the u1500 title, however, if you go over into 1551, you will not be able to sign up for u1500 or hold the title. Rating shenanigans will not be tolerated, do not throw games on ladder just to get into a lower division. This tournament is to make everyone a better player, not to incite rating manipulation. You WILL be banned. Players 100 points under a higher division are allowed to sign up for that division, i.e., a 1800 can sign up for o1900, but not a 1700.

Schedule:
The weeks will be centered around Monday, starting and ending on Monday. Signups can be made at any time for the bracketed week and you will be put in for next week, or the current week if there are no signups/schedule is permitting.
Game results are to be posted to this thread, with game IDs. It is up to the players to play their games. Please report any problems to me, with screenshots, so I can take appropriate action.

Miscal:

- The TD can always change the rules
- Report any requests or problems to the TD
- A disconnect has to be discussed with the TD if both players don't agree to play the game again
- Game settings are the same ones as in ladder
- Certain mods are approved if both players agree to using them AND the TD greenlights its use
- Claim your avatar by PMing FTXCommando (or whatever his nickname is at the moment)
- Game may be unranked if both players agree
- No one person can hold two titles simultaneously, you will have to choose which one you want to keep.
- Minimum 10 ladder games are required to be played every month (every month from the start date on Nov 25th)

MAP POOL:

5x5:
1) Ambush Pass
2) Balvery Mountains V2
3) Blasted Rock
4) break V3
5) Canis River
6) Cobalt Valley
7) Crag Drunes
8) Crimson Feud
9) desert arena
10) Desert Joust
11) Esgaroth's Ruins
12) Fields of Thunder v2
13) Finn's Revenge
14) Jungle Valley v2
15) Monaki
16) Moonlight Pass
17) Sentry Point
18) Summer Duel
19) Theta Passage
20) Theta Passage 5
21) Vale of Isis
22) Williamson's Bridge
23) Winter Duel

10x10:
24) Abhor
25) Africa
26) Arcane
27) Arctic Refuge
28) Broken_Vows
29) Cadmium Green
30) Comet Catcher
31) Darkfall
32) Daroza's Sanctuary
33) Desert Planet II v2
34) Diversity
35) Dry Canyon v3
36) Eye of the Storm
37) Fancylands
38) Farce in tha Forest
39) Fields of Isis
40) Forbidden Pass v4
41) Four-Leaf Clover
42) Goodlands
43) High Noon
44) Hollow
45) Last Oasis
46) Loki
47) Niflheim - Final II v2
48) On Melancholy Hillv3
49) Open Palms
50) Open Waters V2
51) Open Zeta
52) Red Rocks
53) Regor VI Highlands
54) Salembay
55) Saltrock Colony
56) Sands of Ablicka
57) Seraphim Outpost
58) serenity desert
59) Souvenir
60 Standing Stones
61) Stella Maris WM 1v1
62) Syrtis Major
63) TAG_Craftious Maximus
64) The Dark Heart, FAF version
65) The Pyramid 3v3
66) Twin Rivers
67) Varga Pass
68) Vulcan's Reach
69) Vya-3 Protectorate
70) White Fire v2
71) Z-D Rasty

20x20:
72) Asteria
73) Chiron
74) Crossfire Canal
75) Emerald Crater
76) Krossfire
77) Norfair
78) Osiris
79) Point of Reach v4
80) Roanoke Abyss
81) Seraphim Glaciers
82) Seton's Clutch
83) Shoal
84) The Bermuda Locket
85) The Ditch
86) The Scar
87) x6 1v1

Good luck, have fun commanders!

donations towards prizes would be excellent and very appreciated
Last edited by TheKoopa on 21 Dec 2019, 19:37, edited 14 times in total.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Re: WWPC Revived (1v1)

Postby TheKoopa » 18 Nov 2019, 22:16

This post will be constantly updated with the current champions:

1) O1900: Tagada
2) U1900: GodKNGXerxesNoob
3) U1500: Picoo
4) U1100: Cetea
Last edited by TheKoopa on 13 May 2020, 05:16, edited 8 times in total.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Postby TheKoopa » 19 Nov 2019, 00:29

First week bracket signups!

O1900:
Tagada

U1900:
Hybrid
F-Odin
EternalPower
Explosive
concuniorNoob
Manley

U1500:
Picoo
Darkym

U1100:
Scoot
Rikai
creativename
SMURF_XO_
Lucied
Hellcat
Last edited by TheKoopa on 25 Nov 2019, 03:33, edited 12 times in total.

TheKoopa
Contributor

Postby Picoo » 19 Nov 2019, 00:31

sign me up for epic under 1500 division, sank u.
Picoo
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Picoo

Postby Hybrid_ » 19 Nov 2019, 01:12

u1900 for me

also if you need any help t'ding im available most times
i dont troll, i just like to meme
Hybrid_
Contributor

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Hybrid_

Postby Cuddles » 19 Nov 2019, 09:04

Thanks koopa

Not sure about the Anarchy thing, what if the champion does not want to play or can't. What about just being AFK?

This format leave you with no games to play in the tourney for possibly a 3 week period

I felt more engaged with tourney when we played every-week, we practiced the maps and I made some good friends. When it went to a bi-week tourney players started slacking off, the week where the champion played the rest of the players had nothing to do.

Maybe try announcing the maps early so that we have something to work towards? Working with the MM to selected maps might be great way to bring that part of the community into it.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Morax » 19 Nov 2019, 14:05

I would like to entertain U1900.

I agree with Cuddles in that the champion being away might be an issue. I recommend some kind of rulings that a quantity of absences are allowed, else the champion loses the title.

Lastly, thanks for bringing this back. I loved running it when it was in its early days.

Have fun, all.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby F-odin » 19 Nov 2019, 16:32

U1900 Me Pls
F-odin
Crusader

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: F-Odin

Postby TheKoopa » 19 Nov 2019, 18:27

I agree with Cuddles in that the champion being away might be an issue. I recommend some kind of rulings that a quantity of absences are allowed, else the champion loses the title

Not sure about the Anarchy thing, what if the champion does not want to play or can't. What about just being AFK

Well if you don't want to play, don't know why you would sign up for a tourney then ^^

But anyway, I see wwpc as something you should constantly be working towards getting, or keeping the title. I'm not unreasonable though, and I'd much rather keep player participation high rather than booting anyone, so I'll be looking at these on a case by case basis.

This format leave you with no games to play in the tourney for possibly a 3 week period

This is depending on the players themselves, ofc if no one signs up or no one challenges then there will be no games.

I felt more engaged with tourney when we played every-week, we practiced the maps and I made some good friends. When it went to a bi-week tourney players started slacking off, the week where the champion played the rest of the players had nothing to do.

Well, with the 1 week system there's a lot of schedule crunching to try to get the games in, and as a result, games were missed and players dropped out. If there's enough interest in WWPC and a desire for a shorter cycle, I'm more than willing to switch back over to the single week system.

That statement about the week where players have nothing to do is definitely interesting though, hmm....
Last edited by TheKoopa on 19 Nov 2019, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

TheKoopa
Contributor

Postby Morax » 19 Nov 2019, 18:58

TheKoopa wrote:

Well if you don't want to play, don't know why you would sign up for a tourney then ^^

The issue is that, if someone wants to go afk every week during the "anarchy" week, they greatly increase their chances of retaining the title. The 2v2 WWPC had this issue in that a couple people made it impossible to play matches and it ultimately led to its end.

Don't let people constantly make excuses cause it just kills any interest.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Next

Return to Tournaments