Lack of Promotion for Tournaments [Rant]

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Lack of Promotion for Tournaments [Rant]

Postby Rowey » 02 Sep 2019, 18:38

So, I’m getting annoyed now that the fact I’ve been asking since the 23rd of Aug for my Grandmaster Cup Tournament to be advertised in the new page. I’ve asked twice now on Zulip and I’ve had 1 response asking about it, but they don’t have access to post it. I have logged on today after work to see there still is nothing about my tournament or any touronauts that have been hosted before mine. I’m putting the effort in to hosting this competitive tournament for players to enjoy but nobody can be bothered to even write a simple promo piece for the new page. Had nothing from the Player Councillor for this Tournaments advertisement, yes, I know I’m not in the PC Discord I left because it is a mess and I feel don’t feel welcome there therefore I use the Zulip #Promotion channel as it is less clutter with all the junk. if this tourney I’m hosing crumbles become lack of sign ups due to nobody advertising in the client I won’t be wasting my time for this community in hosting anything in the forceable future.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Re: Lack of Promotion for Tournaments [Rant]

Postby Morax » 02 Sep 2019, 19:47

Hear ya there, but also I would like to point out that the java client doesn't show "What's New Page" first when someone logs in.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Rowey » 02 Sep 2019, 19:54

Morax wrote:Hear ya there, but also I would like to point out that the java client doesn't show "What's New Page" first when someone logs in.

sure, but it cant be hard to set up a QAI link then in Aeolus. ive Pmed Moderators 4 times in the IRC chat and nothing for QAI Promo and go no responce
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Bravo1853 » 03 Sep 2019, 18:00

I completely agree. Saske_Kaske also asked for an announcement about his tournament in "What's new", but they didn’t. I think more players would play in tournaments if they were announced in the news, and QAI also provided links to tournaments
Bravo1853
Contributor

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 22 times
FAF User Name: Bravo_

Postby biass » 03 Sep 2019, 20:10

Rowey wrote:I know I’m not in the PC Discord I left because it is a mess and I feel don’t feel welcome there therefore

If this is in reference to the last user interaction you had on the server, wherein you were politely asked by another tournament director to not cancel the tournament because it is building a negative reputation; please do not attempt to place the entirety of the blame onto others for this communication breakdown occuring.

As far as sign ups go, I don't see this tournament happening regardless for a host of reasons, but pinnning the entire blame on being late with advertising (not like the timeframe matters on a tournament with no start time anyway?) is very unfair.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Rowey » 03 Sep 2019, 20:22

biass wrote:
Rowey wrote:I know I’m not in the PC Discord I left because it is a mess and I feel don’t feel welcome there therefore

As far as sign ups go, I don't see this tournament happening regardless for a host of reasons, but pinnning the entire blame on being late with advertising (not like the timeframe matters on a tournament with no start time anyway?) is very unfair.

How dose one give a time fram on when thigna are to happen when you speficicaly need 32 players to sing up to beable to start the torunament.

yes ive canles them only becuse there was a lack of sign up due to there beieing no promotion not alot of people even got to look on the forum as they actiavle have to go and look with it beeing in the client it pushed more people to go check it out with in turen increses thr amout of people joing. Ever since my post when live ive had 6 More people sign up.

biass wrote:If this is in reference to the last user interaction you had on the server, wherein you were politely asked by another tournament director to not cancel the tournament because it is building a negative reputation; please do not attempt to place the entirety of the blame onto others for this communication breakdown occuring.

this was not refeing to that at all.
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Rowey » 03 Sep 2019, 20:24

Sometimes thing need to be said so that stuff can be done about them and making it fair for all TD's and not alowing people have special privialges or what is the poing of hving the TD spend there time for somthing they wont get apreciate for.
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Armed_&_Overclocked » 03 Sep 2019, 21:14

i cannot comment on whether or not promoting any given tournament on the "whats new" or in Aeolus would affect sign ups and turn out.

i can say that having to rely on the forums to know about any given tournament really hurts those of us whose interaction with the FaF community is 99% through the game client.
Armed_&_Overclocked

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Thunderpup

Postby misthafalls » 03 Sep 2019, 21:21

biass wrote:As far as sign ups go, I don't see this tournament happening regardless for a host of reasons, but pinnning the entire blame on being late with advertising (not like the timeframe matters on a tournament with no start time anyway?) is very unfair.

Tournaments rise and fall with promotion that is the nature of the game and I can understand that a Tournament organizer cancels a Tournament when the amount of people joining is not adequate for his/her tournament idea.

In my general opinion posting tournaments on the forum only is just a way of saying FU to any tournament. Because who uses forums except those that are old school. Nowadays the content has to be in the client or Discord or else not a single casual player will find it. And since tournament organizers can't post stuff in news or highlight in Discord they need help from the right party's.

I sincerely hope someone just gives a bit more time to this, because tourney's are rare nowadays. And since I like to watch tourney's, I hope the FAF higher ups can help those that ask to be helped with promoting their tourney's.

yes I wrote it, I rather watch tourney's then join them, since most tourney's are 1v1 and I loath 1v1. I am a casual player to the max
misthafalls

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: misthafalls

Postby Morax » 03 Sep 2019, 21:27

Rowey, in addition to "what's new page" not functioning in java, I would like to also say, you have been known to randomly cancel events without much notice or reason:

I am not innocent in that myself, but I give a reason such as for the 2v2 Master Cup, and then it happens at a later date.

What is the story with this tourney where you simply removed the content, or at least tried to? You are holding a double-standard by claiming people do not follow up with you.

I kindly must ask that you do not do that again as it will tarnish your record and validate anyone to take your requests less serious.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Next

Return to Tournaments