Lack of Promotion for Tournaments [Rant]

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Lack of Promotion for Tournaments [Rant]

Postby FtXCommando » 03 Sep 2019, 21:49

What’s new tab is the mainstay of the Promotions Councillor. Your tournament was unfortunately in the in-between period where we were moving between councillors and so there was a bit more lag than usual in regards to getting the information out. It shouldn’t happen again. And yes, I probably should have operated as a substitution during the councillor interphase.

With regards to saske’s tournament, he was told to get into contact with the Promotions Councillor in my discord in order to get a proper message out about his tournament. I have no idea if he ever followed up.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby biass » 04 Sep 2019, 07:35

Rowey wrote:How dose one give a time fram on when thigna are to happen when you speficicaly need 32 players to sing up to beable to start the torunament.

Is there is no pressing deadline for the tournament starting, why would being a number of days late with "official promotion" matter?

yes ive canles them only becuse there was a lack of sign up due to there beieing no promotion

Even when the official response was prompt? If you still don't hit the quota anyway, i think you're aiming the gun at the wrong window my friend.

Rowey wrote:this was not refeing to that at all. (regarding server stuff)

Feel free to send me a quick pm as to your issues regarding the server because outside of that interaction I no viable reason for you to leave and then throw it under the bus.

misthafalls wrote:Nowadays the content has to be in the client or Discord or else not a single casual player will find it.

This tournament in particular is only for players above 1500 rating, of which for ladder there were only 170 or so users as per the website leaderboards. That's a user persona that is partly expected to skim over additional FAF platforms as opposed to only the client.

And since tournament organizers can't post stuff in news or highlight in Discord they need help from the right party's.

Rowey is very much capable of running his own advertising in the correct places if the official response is slack, it's pretty easy to just post the link and a nice message every couple of hours in aeolus and in discord. It would even garner more attention hypothetically because of QAI spam already being too commonplace.

If Rowey cannot type up a promotional blurb due to dyslexia or the like, just ask someone in that server you two were insulting me in earlier to correct the mistakes.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Ze Dogfather » 04 Sep 2019, 11:46

It should be noted that the tournament was posted on the main client already, and so that is at least taken care of. As far as the rant is concerned, I can sympathize at least for what's been going on with promotions (in general tbh), as this has been the low point of the tournaments, as this can be frustrating if tournament visibility is limited to only the forums for a long period of time. Hopefully we can see about getting this changed in some way sooner rather than later, and we can get people more on board with putting the good word out there for new events like this.

Now that I've mostly been settled in, do come talk to me about getting your tournament posted and I'll gladly help. Rowey waited a week of not getting any feedback from ftx or moderators, which is unfortunate, but I did get in touch with him and got the tournament up with a little waiting, so hopefully others won't have to wait that long in the future. I don't know about this other person's (saske?) tournament issue either, I'll talk to him as well, or if anyone else happens to get a hold of him, do let him know to come to me about it :)
A m a z e
Ze Dogfather
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 51 times
FAF User Name: Dogfather

Postby Mountain » 05 Sep 2019, 20:27

Sorry Rowey, I should have been more involved during the transition and was not communicative. It was nobody's fault except mine
Mountain
Contributor

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: Montana

Previous

Return to Tournaments