Rainbow Cup- 4v4 tournament, $300 in tournament prizes

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Rainbow Cup- 4v4 tournament, $300 in tournament prizes

Postby moonbearonmeth » 12 May 2018, 17:26

Tournament room is now live, type /join #rainbowcup into the client
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby ZLO_RD » 12 May 2018, 17:33

i am in. not sure in witch team, probaly some russian stack, but not sure.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby moonbearonmeth » 13 May 2018, 00:57

Well after 6 hours of headaches the final results are as follows

1st place: Epic Synergy (Heaven, Exotic, Jagged, Feather)
2nd place: Vegetablestack (Inspektor_Goose, Blnchlk, Bravo, Wifi)
3rd place: GBstack (F-Odin, Blast_chilled, Dro, System Failure)

And the winner of the bonus round is: Comstack (AchievedJaguar8, Snowbound, Hushnoob, Obiwankenoobi)

This can be viewed here

Congratulations to Epic Synergy and thank you to all those who participated.

As for the prizes feel free to spam the moderators to get your appropriate avatars
As for cashprizes I will be tracking down people over the next 48 hours to organise the delivery of cash prizes and how teams will choose to divide it
However if your team has already decided how to divide it and you have Paypal I will deal with it asap. (Best places to contact me would be with forum PMs, the FAF discord or Slack right now seeing as my IRC is very sketchy atm)

As for final notes: to say the tournament was a clusterfuck would be an understatement between DQ's DC's and just general tourney cancer I will like be making a more detailed report on this soon until then hopefully the next one goes smoother if I choose to host another 4v4 tourney.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Postby ZLO_RD » 13 May 2018, 02:22

post replay of the finals pls. feel free to post more replays as well
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby moonbearonmeth » 14 May 2018, 00:53

ZLO_RD wrote:post replay of the finals pls. feel free to post more replays as well

Bonus round: 7921499
Final Gap (Replay stability is questionable): 7921283
Final Sentons (Replay stability is questionable): 7920809

Any others can be found by searching the players involved.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Postby moonbearonmeth » 14 May 2018, 01:54

Alright time to explain things that went down in the tourney.

As a bit of preface, many of the people in the tourney chat would've seen, I had stated I was having a lot of connectivity issues with not just FAF but IRC in general to say this made organising a tournament a challenge would be an understatement, some messages were not being recieved, some were being recieved delayed, some messages were not being sent, I would like to thank everyone for baring through it and I have had a very long 'chat' with my ISP.

With that out of the way on to the part everyone is wanting to actually know about, Noobstack's disqualification.
During the set up for the semi-final game, the lobby host (of a lobby which I was in) decided it was in his best interests to have this game unranked by restricting certain units from the game, upon being told to not do this, the lobby host removed the restriction only to put the restriction back on once I had left the lobby and quickly enough so that no one in game had a chance to see it or mention it, however I did manage to see it and the lobby host was immediately contacted in the early stages of the match to 'rehost or he will be disqualified', he elected not to thinking I was joking. All of which I have video evidence of.
So what does this show? By willfully putting these restrictions on after 1. being told not to 2. attempting to continue to do so when they think I am not looking and 3.failure to comply with a rehost this showed clear malicious intent.
Some might argue that the building restriction (which was a Paragon) did not affect the game and in a majority of cases this could be considered true however I would argue that given the size of the map, the availability of mass and that both teams would've had the technology available the possibility of a paragon was present.
A point was brought up later that I should've contacted all players affected about the rehost, while I agree this would've been a better method and one I will implement in future should the need arise this does not excuse the malicious act of the individual who ruined the chances of the rest of his team.

The second part needing clarification, the final final
During the final gap game the connectivity of two of the players was interrupted.
I was then contacted on what to do I was told the game was barely over 4 minutes long, making my immediate solution to rehost.
However not long after I stated this and before anyone had enacted any moves to rehost I got to see an in-game perspective of the match, connectivity issue still intact.
To say it was a crushing defeat for one of the teams would be an understatement causing me to come to a new conclusion (still before any attempts at a rehost had been attempted) which was to just have the unconnected players leave one of them did which happened to solve the issue regardless of whether or not it favoured one team or the other the victory was still the same with a ctrl-k from the other team.
While it is true that I did say to rehost the reality is no tried to rehost or thought my statement to rehost was valid until after I had given the revised statement making the option of rehost null and void.

I hope that clears up most of the questions/issues people had and again thank you all for your patience, this has been (if nothing else) a valuable learning experience for both the sponsor and I on how we wish to continue this form of tournament in the future.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Postby SYSTEM_FAILURE » 15 May 2018, 18:56

I would like the stephen hawking avatar please
SYSTEM_FAILURE

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: SYSTEM_FAILURE