Equilibrium Tournament #5 - 1v1 Tournament

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Equilibrium Tournament #5 - 1v1 Tournament

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 04 Mar 2018, 16:12

logical question:
how can be Codruyagin on higer place as me, when he won 2 games i won 2 games, and i defeat him?

understand that momo is higer as me, while i lose against him, but still he won only one game, when i two.

This system is kinda brokend dont think so? :D
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby speed2 » 04 Mar 2018, 18:09

Ithilis_Quo wrote:logical question:
how can be Codruyagin on higer place as me, when he won 2 games i won 2 games, and i defeat him?

understand that momo is higer as me, while i lose against him, but still he won only one game, when i two.

he got further in the losers brackets than you, thats why
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 04 Mar 2018, 22:01

speed2 wrote:

i see that, but how he can go further when have same number of victories as me and lose against me? And how can go someone with less number of victories (momo) be further as well? Its very unfair for competetive tournament.

In this system someone need won 2-3 more games to get on same place as other. And oponents are displace fully randomly so cant be say that someone is better and worse and thats why someone need won less games for title. While winer of tourney Orange won jast 5 games. Have 2 more games is 40% biger chance to lose and not got title.. And its not very fair.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby FtXCommando » 04 Mar 2018, 22:28

Ithilis_Quo wrote:
speed2 wrote:

i see that, but how he can go further when have same number of victories as me and lose against me? And how can go someone with less number of victories (momo) be further as well? Its very unfair for competetive tournament.

In this system someone need won 2-3 more games to get on same place as other. And oponents are displace fully randomly so cant be say that someone is better and worse and thats why someone need won less games for title. While winer of tourney Orange won jast 5 games. Have 2 more games is 40% biger chance to lose and not got title.. And its not very fair.

I agree. After doing a statistical analysis I realized every game mephi played was 50/50. Either he wins or he loses.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Previous

Return to Tournaments