Intergalactic Colosseum Season VII

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Intergalactic Colosseum Season VII

Postby UnHappyPenguin » 17 Jun 2016, 11:00

nocaps wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:Looks like a good time to finnaly join some clan

personally i'm planning to join some random clan directly before the tourney and then leave directly afterwards

clanless lyfe bby

Join BAW, only one downside ... You can never leave.
When i grow up i want to be a toaster
UnHappyPenguin
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: WittySeal

Postby Napalm175 » 20 Jun 2016, 20:22

"Golden clan tags, if and when they are incorporated by the dev team."

Lol, is this a sick joke?
Napalm175
Contributor

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 58 times
FAF User Name: undefined

Postby nocaps » 20 Jun 2016, 20:46

UnHappyPenguin wrote:
nocaps wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:Looks like a good time to finnaly join some clan

personally i'm planning to join some random clan directly before the tourney and then leave directly afterwards

clanless lyfe bby

Join BAW, only one downside ... You can never leave.

actually sent the join clan request as soon as i saw the forum thread

never got a response, and i can't tell if it's because the clan site is shit or if i've been rejected

my life is suffering
nocaps

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: nocaps

Postby Morax » 21 Jun 2016, 17:57

nocaps, codepants, and a few others in mind, I can't fathom why you would expect to join that clan. Zock and ZLO are looking to do hardcore training and that doesn't seem to fit your style. I've played a number of team games with you guys and every time whether I rage or kindly explain your mistakes you say something along the lines of "Oh, well, blah blah blah I'm not as good as you, blah, blah, blah I don't play that style, blah blah blah" and you sound like girls who are afraid of getting a little dirt on their high heels.

I pray for Zock and ZLO if you convinced them you are worthy of attempting any training in your current state. Show some motivation and maybe you will get there.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby nocaps » 21 Jun 2016, 18:21

morax bub if you keep doing this you're gonna die of hypernatremia

also, like, i think you've fundamentally misconstrued what it means to play a game. sometimes i just want to have fun! is this illegal, in hypothetical morax dystopia?

both codepants and i (and even heaven, however much you hate him) play seriously when it's warranted. i think both of us were, eg, pretty tryhard in the trinity tournament. i know that personally i play ladder p seriously, even if i'm not super good at it. but like -- if EVERY GAME is an aggressive competitive shitshow, what's the point of playing a game at all? you do you, man, but don't think that everyone else can have fun if every game is the psychological equivalent of bashing one's head against a wall. wallbashing is only good in moderation, man.

so what i mean to say is -- i pay attention to training, ladder, tournaments, and otherwise when i'm feeling up to it. but if you expect me to put in a herculean effort to play at max capacity for every joe random dual gap team game -- nahhhhhhh
nocaps

Postby Morax » 21 Jun 2016, 19:00

First, I don't hate Heaven - at all. He can frustrate me sometimes but I respect him quite a bit and admire his "out-of-the-box" thinking.

Second, no, I don't expect people to not have fun at all. I play some games like a moron myself, but I tell people when I'm going to do it. I don't enter a game with randoms and just derp around while others are playing serious.

With how much time is involved in playing an average team game it's pretty foul to learn 20 minutes in that someone is just being "fun." Make sense?

If there were more people I'd host 1500+ only game, but we have left of FAF what we have left. It's left me hateful and irritated having to put up with people.

/end side rant and back to Colosseum discussion.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby nocaps » 21 Jun 2016, 19:29

see, this is what rating is for. rating reflects observed skill, not actual skill

currently, i'm a fourteen-hundred global. this doesn't reflect some intrinsic quality i possess, it reflects my past history of games. all it means is that in recent history, 66ish% of the time i have won against a 1300 and lost against a 1500. if i try only a little bit in every game -- then my rating will reflect that. i don't NEED to tell people i'm not trying as hard as i am capable off, because so long as i am not being wildly inconsistent with the amount of effort i put in in previous games, my ranking will accuratelyish reflect how well i will play in the next game. my team doesn't need to worry, because even if i may be 1450 or something if i were to give every game my all, the fact that i don't is reflected in my history. they get what it says on the tin, everyone's happy.

except you, apparently
nocaps

Postby Voodoo » 23 Jun 2016, 17:08

I cleaned up this thread from unrelated posts or non constructive comments. Please stay on topic.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Mad`Mozart » 27 Jun 2016, 13:48

Just saying, 95% of 5km maps for 1v1 pool is beyond good and evil.
Maybe you would want to take suggestions from some 1v1 players before deciding on it? :D
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Stups » 27 Jun 2016, 23:26

Mad`Mozart wrote:Just saying, 95% of 5km maps for 1v1 pool is beyond good and evil.
Maybe you would want to take suggestions from some 1v1 players before deciding on it? :D

group the maps you think are "evil" and explain in an argument why you think so, i look forward to constructive feedback.
"We need rest. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised." -- Captain Zapp Brannigan, S03E05, Futurama.
Stups

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: Stups

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments