== IMBA CUP II ==

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: == IMBA CUP II ==

Postby uberge3k » 11 Jun 2012, 22:30

So, here's the way I see it.

1) People see a series of good micro and/or fortunate coincidences, and instead of stopping to consider the logical explanations (eg, you knew on that map that the bottom engie is the most vulnerable, and the exact time that a perfectly micro'd bomber would be in position to bomb it), they cry "cheating!!1".

2) Now, anyone and everyone who defends Nefarious or, indeed, the Occam's Razor's explanation ("yes, sometimes lucky things happen"), are branded cheaters as well.

All this over a match that was ultimately lost by the supposedly cheating party.

Think about what kind of precedent this is setting. It seems that now, you don't even need proof of anyone cheating - simply call them a cheater, cite a few instances of good micro / timing / luck, and GG NO RE. I expect my PM inbox to be overflowing tomorrow once the rest of the community notices this.

Good job FA community!
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 11 Jun 2012, 23:15

Why has he not posted in this thread to defend himself? im not taking sides here as I have not watched the replay but defending myself against accusations of cheating is something I would definitely have done
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby noovd » 11 Jun 2012, 23:29

but if someone helped him, why does the engineer who dodged several bombs to Lu_xun side, where it would get killed instantly. I guess it could be a mistake of nefarious, but if he had help, someone could have told him that the engie is running into an acu.
I also played a training game with nefarious and went first bomber, and as i wanted to kill engies, he managed to dodge those bombs in this game also and i dont think, that someone would help him in a training game, especially not ueber, because i played afternoon and in usa it would have been early morning (not a good time to play sc fa^^).
But i still have to agree that the kill of the t2 transport looks very strange, because there was no other target and the inties went back to his base afterwards as if they have full filled their mission.
I watched all three replays two times and its simply fact, that Nefarious is paying much more attention on micro and Lu_xun on macro, so those bomb dodging could be skills, but still im wondering, why nefarious doesnt defend himself? and a statement of Zepilot would be nice, if cheating is possible on faf.

sorry for my poor english ;)
noovd
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: noovd

Postby Gyle » 11 Jun 2012, 23:32

noobymcnoobcake wrote:Why has he not posted in this thread to defend himself? im not taking sides here as I have not watched the replay but defending myself against accusations of cheating is something I would definitely have done

I'm pretty sure eXivo is Nef... being as he was writing it in walls sections in game one against Armageddon.
My youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta?feature=mhee

"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive."
Gyle

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Gyle

Postby noovd » 11 Jun 2012, 23:50

youre right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJSmViO-yVU
look up 6:45

this must be explained....
noovd
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: noovd

Postby Gowerly » 11 Jun 2012, 23:56

uberge3k wrote:So, here's the way I see it.
<snip>
Good job FA community!

Good job overgeneralisation. Seriously, stop doing that.

I'll go with the innocent until proven guilty. I'm pretty skeptical, so we'll see if it can prove to me beyond any reasonable doubt.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby Gyle » 12 Jun 2012, 00:14

Gowerly wrote:
uberge3k wrote:So, here's the way I see it.
<snip>
Good job FA community!

Good job overgeneralisation. Seriously, stop doing that.

I'll go with the innocent until proven guilty. I'm pretty skeptical, so we'll see if it can prove to me beyond any reasonable doubt.

In the mean time TA and I will hold off from casting this match, at least until its all resolved.
My youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta?feature=mhee

"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive."
Gyle

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Gyle

Postby Gowerly » 12 Jun 2012, 00:31

The only real contenders are 3:20 and 5:14, as they are, played at -10, unsighted movement orders.
the one at 5:14 is not a movement order to get a better position on the hydro, as it's simply back the way it came, followed up by going back in the original direction.
The 3:20 one you could legitimately say is calculated, as you know how often bombers make passes. As far as I can see, though, no knowledge of the second bomber was received beforehand.
I cannot definitely point the finger at cheating, but I have no other legitimate explaination that could be put down to skill alone.
What I can say for certain is that the fog of war was not removed. If it was, the artillery going round the back of lu's base would have been firing at the top right mass extractor.

From replays I have watched, Nef is a good player. It is possible to possess that level of game sense. However, if you did, you probably wouldn't have lost that game.

So, I am unconvinced.

However, as the Tournament Director, Lu can do what he likes. If you don't like what he does, either run your own or don't enter his any more.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 12 Jun 2012, 10:56

fix for future problems - Stop livereplay of games with option in lobby. This option would only be used for these kinds of matches to prevent cheating.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 12 Jun 2012, 11:01

It's very unlikely that it's because of a the livereplay server.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments