Murder Party MOD Bug?

Forum for featured Mod : Murder Party

Murder Party MOD Bug?

Postby wittzi » 18 Apr 2012, 20:32

So I'm a noob to this mod, but have played FA for a couple of years. I was playing a couple of friends using the Murder Party MOD (which is awesome), but my commander was destroyed in the weirdest way ever and I want to understand if it is a bug or if it was legitimate.

NOTE: I don't care whether I lost or not, but the other guys and I all agree that it didn't look like I should have died.

I have attached the replay if you really want to look at it in detail, otherwise you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84fYmTo6DM

It's 1080p so you can see it in detail.

From what I can tell:

1. A load of Tech 2 fighter bombers came at me.
2. I easily dealt with them with more Tech 3 Air Superiority.
3. All of a sudden my commander just died for no reason?!

As I say, if it's fine and someone can explain why this happened then great. My friends and I just want to know why my commander appears to randomly explode!!!???
Attachments
68639-wittzi.fafreplay
Replay - It happens at 57 minutes
(91.14 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
wittzi

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Murder Party MOD Bug?

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Apr 2012, 20:35

No idea, but you can see that your shield receive a shitload of damage just before you die.

I didn't changed anything to the way the units are dying (just removed the ctrl-k for the ACU), i don't think it's a murder party bug per se.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby wittzi » 18 Apr 2012, 21:09

Thanks Ze-PilOt, yeah the shield does suddenly get caned for no apparent reason!

I'm glad it's not the mod as it's absolutely epic (as is FAF!) so we'll keep using it and hope no more weird stuff happens.

Thanks again for FAF. Reminds me, I must donate ...
wittzi

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Apr 2012, 21:11

I don't really know what this is, but it sure looks like a hack or a bug.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Doompants » 18 Apr 2012, 23:38

Yunno, looks legit to me.

It's not the shield that's the problem, it's your energy storage blowing up. Watch up close -- your opponents bombers mostly land short of the shields, but there are a LOT, and I mean a LOT of your dead UEF planes going down in a very tight mass as well. At 1:07, you can see a bunch of the dead UEF planes tumbling as they pass over the satellite, and at 1:13/1:14, they crash right on top of the energy storage beside the nuke defense... As soon as a couple of the storage blow, everything chain reacts and you can see both the ACU and the T3 PGen go into the red, then T3 PGen blows.. = Dead ACU.

I dunno what the air crash math is on those T2 planes, but I'm not at all suprised to see that many planes crash into Power storage and take it out.

So, not a Murder Party issue. I think that would have killed you in regular FA, too.
Doompants

FAF User Name: Doompants

Postby wittzi » 21 Apr 2012, 11:33

Thanks Doompants, this is good news!

There are about 7 of us that play FA, but often we end up with 3 players that are available. This almost always means that the guy that is 'in the middle' gets killed first and we dont want to keep playing the same 3 and 6 player maps to keep the player distribution even.

Murder Party has changed this, so we really didn't want it to be a bug. Now I just have to accept that I lost ... ;)
wittzi

Postby Doompants » 25 Apr 2012, 00:15

not only did you lose, but you lost in a spectacularly flukey fashion, that I bet they couldn't duplicate if they tried. :)

Lesson learned about power storage I hope. They're like little detonators when you stack them with t3 pgens, so use with caution. :)
Doompants

FAF User Name: Doompants

Return to Murder Party