Fullscreen script (Dual Screen & Single Screen)

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Fullscreen script (updated)

Postby tatsu » 02 Jul 2018, 20:15

lldaedalusll wrote:This is usually used for dual screen setups I guess. Started to use it as well but the lobby now appears right in the center of both screens in a splitted way :-/. It appears only on the left screen with the build-in dual screen mode. But I had some crashes with it and heard that borderless fullscreen on 2 screens is more stable.

Anyone knows how to overcome that centered lobby with this borderless fullscreen on 2 screens?

Thx

maybe it can be made a feature of UI party or faf itself you'd have to ask either of them.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby RealityCheck » 02 Jul 2018, 21:56

I use this:

Code: Select all
procName := "ForgedAlliance.exe"

resize(x, y) {
   global procName   
    WinGet Style, Style, % "ahk_exe " procName
   WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, % "ahk_exe " procName ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
   WinMove, % "ahk_exe " procName , , 0, 0, %x%, %y% ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it.
   WinMaximize, % "ahk_exe " procName
   WinRestore, % "ahk_exe " procName
}

#IfWinActive Forged Alliance
  \::resize(3360, 1050)
  ^\::resize(1680, 1050)
return

Resizing doesn't happen automatically, but when I press a hotkey.

When I press "\" key the game resizes to cover two monitors. When I press "Ctrl-\" the game resizes to one monitor. So when I'm in the lobby or in the score screen I resize to just one monitor and when the game starts I resize to two monitors.
RealityCheck

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: RealityCheck

Postby schwartz1030 » 23 Sep 2018, 17:34

zaproid wrote:Hey,

Awesome work guys! I love the script and works fine with my screens, one problem tho:

The script takes your main screen and extends the windowed game to the right, so the extra "split screen" ends up hidden for me because my main screen is the right one, how to I get the "split screen" to extend to the left? Currently I can get it working, by setting my left screen with the control panel to the right. This means in order to use my left screen I would have to move the mouse over to the right (if this still makes sense), which isn't a problem, since this would be the screen used in strategic view for map awereness so I won't be going back and forth between the screens, disorienting myself. However changing this setting in control panel everytime I want to play FAF is going to be annoying. Any help?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:I figured it out. You take this line of code from CodingSquirrel's post
WinMove, % "ahk_exe " procName , , 0, 0, 3840, 1080 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to fit across 2 monitors.

and change it to
WinMove, % "ahk_exe " procName , , -1920, 0, 3840, 1080 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to fit across 2 monitors.

Naturally you want the value to fit your screens, for me it was -1680 for example.

However, getting all the UI mods and important bits of UI to work on the right side is a problem in of itself I realized, so it is probablyt easier for me to either move my monitors or mess with the control panel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITv2: Okay I have been messing about with UI mods and have finnaly gotten my stuff to a point I am happy with. I'll detail more info for people who are in the same boat as I am (right screen main, left secondary)

The first problem I had was not seeing the extra screen after implementing this script, solution above.

After that another problem for me was that when you activate the split screen feature in Supreme Commander all of the important UI pieces will appear on the left screen. This is aproblem, because I don't want to use my left screen for the main gameplay, but as a map in the strategic view. Also my left screen is at an angle not straight a cross me (I don't want to have a sore neck from playing FAF). To solve this problem I used a mod called Ui-festival (Link: github com/b2ag/ui-festival)

Re: New Mod: UI Party

Postby b2ag » 02 Apr 2017, 12:15
Hi,

I forked UI Party and removed split screen unrelated stuff. I also added some features like
- split can be configured (so it doesn't have to be 50/50 anymore),
- UI elements can be send to left or right view,
- initial zoom can be configured for left and right individually.
I have not yet made it work with Coop games, so I couldn't add sliders for all the Coop specific UI elements.

i.imgur com/YME21Pv.jpg

Git is here:
github com/b2ag/ui-festival

Have fun!

As you can see it is an amazing mod for solving my problems and if this mod helps you as well, go to Page 19 of the Ui-Party thread (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9776&start=180) and show b2ag some love for this wonderful tool.

(Getting ridiculous all ready)

If you had to read this far, well shit son, get yourself a cookie (or a beer), because your setup has been giving you one hell of a migrane hasn't it? I hope this helps someone and uh... good luck.

PPPS! @tatsu Thank you! And well done to you and @CodingSquirrel as well, this is a wonderful tool!

Wow, a remarkably similar situation to me except I'm using an old LCD instead of a TV on the left. Are you still using this, and are you using it in conjunction with the non-split screen features of UI party? I find Reality Checks use of Hotkey vs scanning to be great for the problem of the lobby.
schwartz1030
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: schwartz1030

Postby ChaosRefractor » 27 Sep 2018, 23:23

-1920 to 3840 nice math.
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ChaosRefractor

Postby tatsu » 27 Sep 2018, 23:34

ChaosRefractor wrote:-1920 to 3840 nice math.

you'd have to be trying it to realize it but this is actually correct (or a defect of AHK, or in windows, call it what you will)

if your screen arrangement is having say a second monitor to the LEFT (not to the right), of your "desktop screen" (the one set as main that has the complete taskbar and on which applications start by default) then that screen's pixel count starts at minus that width because "real zero" is at the top left edge of the main monitor.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby ChaosRefractor » 28 Sep 2018, 00:22

that's 3 monitors.
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Postby JoonasTo » 28 Sep 2018, 15:31

1920-(-1920)=3840
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby ChaosRefractor » 28 Sep 2018, 17:35

-1920, 0, 3840, 1080 ?
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Postby tatsu » 28 Sep 2018, 20:40

min x, min y, max x, max y, seriously how else would this ever be written?
Last edited by tatsu on 01 Apr 2020, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby ChaosRefractor » 29 Sep 2018, 07:09

is this ending up in some sort of pr0n?
ChaosRefractor
Crusader