Fullscreen script (Dual Screen & Single Screen)

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Fullscreen script (updated)

Postby tatsu » 22 Feb 2017, 17:29

BOOPS
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby tatsu » 13 Mar 2017, 11:01

xx4u2NVxx wrote:I'm at a loss here. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I set res to be 3840 x 1080 and it's still on screen 1 only.

Yes it's set to windowed and everything. I know heaven has his on dual. Trying to figure out how he got his to work.

here you go.

you can also use this for all your other games it works better and is much much more lightweight.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 13 Mar 2017, 11:24

Guys I made a nice script that you may enjoy if like me, you posses multiple screens but play FA on a single screen.

i thought your script was only working when you want the game in full-screen on 1 screen, and not on both.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby tatsu » 13 Mar 2017, 13:02

keyser wrote:i thought your script was only working when you want the game in full-screen on 1 screen, and not on both.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9778#p106977

who said that?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 13 Mar 2017, 13:28

idk i only read the first post, and there is no info about being able to play on 2 screens and having them both windowed and "fake" full screen. Or at least it's no obvious.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Medicraze » 13 Mar 2017, 17:12

CodingSquirrel wrote:So I just got this script working with multiple monitors in borderless windowed using a variant of the provided script.

Code: Select all
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
#Persistent

procName := "ForgedAlliance.exe"
SetTimer, CheckProc, 2000
Return

CheckProc:
    If (!ProcessExist(procName))
        Return

WinGet Style, Style, % "ahk_exe " procName
    If (Style & 0xC40000)
    {
        WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, % "ahk_exe " procName ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
        WinMove, % "ahk_exe " procName , , 0, 0, 3840, 1080 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to fit across 2 monitors.
        WinMaximize, % "ahk_exe " procName
        WinRestore, % "ahk_exe " procName
    }
    Return

ProcessExist(exeName)
{
   Process, Exist, %exeName%
   return !!ERRORLEVEL
}
return

The WinMaximize is to refresh the window. The WinRestore unmaximizes the window so that it goes to the size specified by WinMove.

Gyle, if you're watching this thread still I figured out and tested how to get this and my DualScreen mod working so that you can have it borderless windowed across both your first monitor and part of a second monitor without issue. This would mean that the screen you're recording from would appear exactly like normal, but you'd get part of the second screen to use as a pseudo-minimap and also see your xsplit as well. Contact me if you want me to help you get that working.

trying to get this to work on 2 screens (I screen record and stream as well). I tried on game companion, but no such luck. only works on one screen even on res adjusted to 3840 x 1080
Medicraze
Medicraze

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 72 times
FAF User Name: Medicraze

Postby tatsu » 13 Mar 2017, 17:16

xx4u2NVxx wrote:trying to get this to work on 2 screens (I screen record and stream as well). I tried on game companion, but no such luck. only works on one screen even on res adjusted to 3840 x 1080

do you have this working currently or not?

recording does seem to be the issue with this as the second screen will show up grey but some have managed to get recording working with this script despite that.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby Medicraze » 13 Mar 2017, 18:44

No, I can do everything just find in borderless mode using borderless gaming or game companion. But, the issue is the resolution doesn't extend when you adjust it to 3840. Right now, the only one that kinda sorta works is the borderless gaming which extends to the other screen, but it's all grey and useless. as if you're on dual screen mode and tabed out. Let me know if you want me to post a video of my issue here. Kinda weird thing.
Medicraze
Medicraze

Postby tatsu » 13 Mar 2017, 22:52

xx4u2NVxx wrote:No, I can do everything just find in borderless mode using borderless gaming or game companion. But, the issue is the resolution doesn't extend when you adjust it to 3840. Right now, the only one that kinda sorta works is the borderless gaming which extends to the other screen, but it's all grey and useless. as if you're on dual screen mode and tabed out. Let me know if you want me to post a video of my issue here. Kinda weird thing.

no i know this issue I'm just gathering you haven't tried fake-fullscreening with my script (AHK) with codingsquirrel's edit and UI party.

I think by refreshing the window codingsquirrel fixed the grey screen
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby Medicraze » 14 Mar 2017, 18:25

tatsu wrote:
xx4u2NVxx wrote:No, I can do everything just find in borderless mode using borderless gaming or game companion. But, the issue is the resolution doesn't extend when you adjust it to 3840. Right now, the only one that kinda sorta works is the borderless gaming which extends to the other screen, but it's all grey and useless. as if you're on dual screen mode and tabed out. Let me know if you want me to post a video of my issue here. Kinda weird thing.

no i know this issue I'm just gathering you haven't tried fake-fullscreening with my script (AHK) with codingsquirrel's edit and UI party.

I think by refreshing the window codingsquirrel fixed the grey screen

Oh, no I haven't implemented your script yet. I will try later this afternoon. just busy with work and all. I'll let you know. Thanks for the help, much appreciation :)
Medicraze
Medicraze

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions