Optimizing your Experience with Forged Alliance - It works

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Optimizing your Experience with Forged Alliance - It wor

Postby KD7BCH » 23 Jul 2015, 18:48

ckitching wrote:Regarding the deadness of the GPG forums: Sheeo saved a copy. We have access to all that information.

He was talking about putting it online somewhere at one point, too.

Good save way to go Sheeo!
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby quark036 » 23 Jul 2015, 20:08

quark036

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: Quark036

Postby The Mak » 24 Jul 2015, 03:11

quark036 wrote:Also webarchive saved a copy here:
http://web.archive.org/web/201412201554 ... wered.com/

That is not a complete copy. It is missing some important threads, especially under mod support.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Postby -_V_- » 31 Jul 2015, 18:54

Back after like 2 months, and considering the other topic about perf was closed (gotta love the mods always ...), I will put an answer to my own former question about why my G3258 was slower than my i7, even if the pentium is clocked higher.

It was just the bottleneck of the integrated GPU. I really thought it would be enough to not bottleneck FA, I was wrong. The second I started using a decent GPU, well that damn cheap G3258 was totally competing with my i7.

So all the stuff about l3 cache and all. Just rubbish , at least in that case ;)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby tatsu » 31 Jul 2015, 20:49

-_V_- wrote:Back after like 2 months, and considering the other topic about perf was closed (gotta love the mods always ...), I will put an answer to my own former question about why my G3258 was slower than my i7, even if the pentium is clocked higher.

It was just the bottleneck of the integrated GPU. I really thought it would be enough to not bottleneck FA, I was wrong. The second I started using a decent GPU, well that damn cheap G3258 was totally competing with my i7.

So all the stuff about l3 cache and all. Just rubbish , at least in that case ;)

I've been using the two optimization tricks (first core affinity deselect and high prio) for awhile now in my script : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9778

thank you the results are small but noticeable.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 03 Aug 2015, 11:08

-_V_- wrote:Back after like 2 months, and considering the other topic about perf was closed (gotta love the mods always ...), I will put an answer to my own former question about why my G3258 was slower than my i7, even if the pentium is clocked higher.

Yes, a fast dual is enough for FA due to high single thread dependency. Good that you got this sorted out.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 24 Nov 2015, 07:34

I would like to give my most sincere middle finger to everyone who responded to this thread with bullshit tests from sandbox or measuring how quickly a replay is played.

I have been asking for help with ui lag and people never linked this. Why?

Why isn't this front page of FAF for all incoming players.

The real test is a laggy massive multiplayer game where you are giving orders and rapidly moving the camera. If that is not the test you are doing then you shouldn't be replying to this thread.

Why did I have to figure out this shit on my own and make a post ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11169&p=114647#p114647) , only to find out something similar was suggested, but a bunch of idiots decided to argue for the sake for arguing.
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Previous

Return to General Discussions