UEF Titan with missile launcher (Download v0.1)

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

UEF Titan with missile launcher (Download v0.1)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 05 Feb 2015, 16:04

Would be cool if we could have the original UEF titan back. Anyone remember the one that had the missile launcher?

Yes this image is real, not been photoshoped.

"Titan Naplam Missile (v0.1)"
Here is the download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzC5WK ... sp=sharing

Please note that I've decided to forgo the enhancement and just make the Titan come with missiles by default. However the Enhancement icons are included within the files. The Titans changes are as follows...

Base Unit Stats
health + 20%
speed - 20%
turn rate -20%

Weapon Stats (Napalm Missiles)
10 projectiles per firing with a 10 second reload. (Reload clock shown)
Damage Over Time 10 per tick @ 5 ticks = 50, Area 3.
DPS approx 50 every 10 seconds (single target) but keep in mind that this weapon damages a large area.
Note: Missiles will spread out around the target in somewhat of a random star pattern.

Cheers,

Resin
Last edited by Resin_Smoker on 07 Feb 2015, 15:12, edited 4 times in total.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: UEF Titan with missile launcher

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Feb 2015, 16:12

I wanna try making it AA missiles to replace T3MAA, get some faction diversity going there.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Resin_Smoker » 05 Feb 2015, 16:45

IceDreamer wrote:I wanna try making it AA missiles to replace T3MAA, get some faction diversity going there.

I could modify what i have and shoot you a copy for FAF inclusion then ?

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Apofenas » 05 Feb 2015, 16:54

So, you want to make a raiding unit to be able to protect itself from air? No thanks. Though i really like the idea to bring back the missle launcher - the unit looks better with it and could potentionally become competetive with loyalists.

Though what was the reason it got removed? There got to be something for doing that.

Ifi t gets in FAF, than it would need some stat tweaks for unit, depending of what it will be supposed to do.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Resin_Smoker » 05 Feb 2015, 16:55

Apofenas wrote:So, you want to make a raiding unit to be able to protect itself from air? No thanks. Though i really like the idea to bring back the missle launcher - the unit looks better with it and could potentionally become competetive with loyalists.

Though what was the reason it got removed? There got to be something for doing that.

Ifi t gets in FAF, than it would need some stat tweaks for unit, depending of what it will be supposed to do.

Part of the reason is that the folks at GPG couldn't figure out how to make the unit work without tracking missiles. I have no such limitations.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby H-master » 05 Feb 2015, 17:41

Resin_Smoker wrote:Would be cool if we could have the original UEF titan back. Anyone remember the one that had the missile launcher?

Yes this image is real, not been photoshoped.

Resin

YES, yes please!
Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 7

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=17241&p=172070#p172070
H-master

Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: H-master

Postby The Mak » 05 Feb 2015, 18:16

I had uploaded a mod with just this unit. Search for 'Beta Titan UEF T3 Assault Bot' (no quotes) in the mod vault, and make sure you hit Server Search.

It has all the stats from SupCpm Vanilla, so you will notice its speed. Sorry there is no build pic. It uses the same as the one for the current Titan and never got around to finishing the one I had started.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Feb 2015, 21:46

Well the idea was to make it faction diversity and always useful, but I suppose the other cool thing would be basically what Resin's suggesting, which is a hardier, faster, more polarised range (Main gun shorter, missiles longer) Mongoose... Which could pre pretty strong :p
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 06 Feb 2015, 00:10

i dont read whole discusion on up.

But i think that titan can have some week AA that make titan different from loayalist that already have more dps, EMP and tml defense.. let say about 40dps that is not real threat but on big number would give titan some surviability against air. and loayalist is also stronger against units, because emp, and more dps, and is cheaper (because shield e, cost also mass)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 06 Feb 2015, 01:05

I am pretty against adding AA to the titan, because as stated above it is a raiding/striking unit (even more like mongoose if missiles are implemented) and having AA would kind of break the purpose. I love the idea of having that weapon back, but I think that with the uber strong percival we would have to rethink overall t3 land balance.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Next

Return to General Discussions