New FAF Wiki

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: New FAF Wiki

Postby speed2 » 08 Mar 2015, 03:14

IceDreamer wrote:What's the point in even bloody trying...

The fix for Mass Fabricator adjacency bonuses not being re-calculated when the structure was turned on/off worked in all our tests leading up to the patch. All the tests. Now someone claims the patch didn't fix the problem?

Why was nobody told?!

Speed2, I know for a FACT that you know about THIS page https://github.com/FAForever/fa/issues

If it really didn't work, why is this not listed? I don't have the time myself to test this out right now, but come on community, you can do better at reporting stuff than this!

I was told that its not working by more than one person in aeolus and didnt really have time to look at it and find out how that page I know about works. For me its mess and I so far I report things only to forum.
and it was someone like sheeo (or other github guy) who confirmed to me that its not working properly so I didnt care about it anymore.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby nine2 » 12 Mar 2015, 09:06

It would be very nice for new players if someone could make a game.prefs file with good shortcut keys, put it on the wiki, and explain it.

With hotbuild.
With select nearest idle t1 engie.
With select nearest idle scout.
With select all idle factories.

(and then users just overwrite their own prefs file with this one instead of having to work all that out)
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Sheeo » 12 Mar 2015, 12:11

speed2 wrote:I was told that its not working by more than one person in aeolus and didnt really have time to look at it and find out how that page I know about works. For me its mess and I so far I report things only to forum.
and it was someone like sheeo (or other github guy) who confirmed to me that its not working properly so I didnt care about it anymore.

I don't believe I have confirmed that -- from my testing it works, and as Ice says, we haven't had any reports of it not working.

Anyway -- the wiki should strive to represent "Official" knowledge, not things "heard through the grapevine". So as a minimum before writing about issues/bugs there should be a direct reference to a github issue tracking it.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby speed2 » 12 Mar 2015, 14:47

I said someone like you not excatly you. And Ive changed it on wiki since no one else had balls to correct it
speed2
Contributor

Postby Sheeo » 12 Mar 2015, 15:20

speed2 wrote:I said someone like you not excatly you. And Ive changed it on wiki since no one else had balls to correct it

I was just stating that it was not me :) Good, thanks!
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby Morax » 17 Mar 2015, 21:46

partytime wrote:It would be very nice for new players if someone could make a game.prefs file with good shortcut keys, put it on the wiki, and explain it.

With hotbuild.
With select nearest idle t1 engie.
With select nearest idle scout.
With select all idle factories.

(and then users just overwrite their own prefs file with this one instead of having to work all that out)

I disagree that a universal hotbuild key game.prefs should be made for this reason: each player needs to learn by trial and experimentation. There are guides for that reason: they are "guides."

I developed a hotbuild key setup that requires only the use of my left hand so that I have that first-person shooter "WASD" for my left hand and mouse for right hand feel. The results have skyrocketed my tempo foward, but it will not be for everyone.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby nine2 » 17 Mar 2015, 22:57

Morax wrote:I disagree that a universal hotbuild key game.prefs should be made for this reason: each player needs to learn by trial and experimentation. There are guides for that reason: they are "guides."

I disagree with your disagreement. It it too hard to set up for noobs. They can tweak it later.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby speed2 » 18 Mar 2015, 13:47

Some guide how to set it would be better so people learn it (the weaker ones) other have no issues set it themselves. We're trying to do wiki fool-proof.
If we provie some file I can already see some complains why do we have that command on that key...
speed2
Contributor

Postby theeggroll » 08 May 2015, 04:40

Can someone make a chart in the wiki of what each group for hotbuild does? Because when I go to in game options it shows "Make mex + make x + make ..." and I dont know what else comes after each thing. I dont even know if there is a way to view what ALL aspects of each group does.
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby Deering » 08 May 2015, 06:10

It is just the groupings of the default hotbuild layout. So for example ingame there is Tac missile launchers + Shield Disruptors + T3 mobile. This matches to N which is Tac/Nuke launcher with engineer is selected. Spearhead, T3 gunship, Absolver, T3 mobile shield and Torrent when various factories are selected.
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions