Ladder Leagues & Pools

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Ladder Leagues & Pools

Postby BanditAK7 » 04 Aug 2020, 21:50

i never said I played them VERY well. you are making stuff up.

whatever... I'm out. it was a perfectly reasonable opinion to have and I am the only one who knows which maps I enjoy playing.

all the responses on here including yours have been totally patronising, arrogant or disrespectful. really bored of the obsession this community has with ratings. (dunning-kruger? lol talk about proving my point)
BanditAK7

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: BanditAK7

Postby ThomasHiatt » 04 Aug 2020, 23:27

It doesn't matter what maps people enjoy, but survey results would indicate the low rated players enjoy smaller maps more. If you want to play a map you enjoy then host a custom game. People should be playing ladder because they want to compete and improve.

The idea is that low rated players can learn and improve faster if they do not have to play large and complex maps. Whenever I see low rated players playing on these maps it is just some 1-hour long clown fiesta where neither player knows what they are doing. They come out of the experience having learned nothing and have no idea where to start improving. They often end up with the wrong idea because they are thinking about the ending of the game, while the most important mistakes were at the start. They have no understanding of the game and very poor replay analysis skills so do not benefit at all from playing these types of games. Instead, they should be playing on smaller and more simple maps where there is less noise and erroneous information embedded in the experience and the replay so there is a greater chance that they can come out with the right ideas

If all the maps are unlocked at 800 rating it defeats the entire point. 800 rating is almost the same as zero, the players at 800 rating still have no idea what they are doing. If you think 800 players know what they are doing, you are wrong. Rating is a measurement of how well you understand and play the game. You can claim that you understand the game, that these are your best maps, and you play them well (not VERY well), but at the end of the day you are 1000 ratings so your claims are wrong. Maybe you will never improve and never reach 1800 rating, but this system hopefully makes it easier for others to improve and reach that rating.

You are correct that my response is disrespectful and patronizing. This is the internet and it is fun to be mean and whatever. Your responses are simplistic, useless, and arrogant. You miss the entire point of the system and try to persuade us that bad players are actually good.
ThomasHiatt

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 110 times
FAF User Name: ThomasHiatt

Postby BanditAK7 » 05 Aug 2020, 10:10

FFS mate Im entitled to an opinion and I put it here perfectly respectfully and all the contrary responses have been patronising and/or arrogant. Especially yours. That's the bloody point here. You've just admitted that you do this and then do it some more! It's out of order. Just because you disagree with me. All that Dunnings kruger stuff..really?

You keep trying to make out that I have delusions of grandeur but I have never claimed that I am a better player than my rating. I know that I'm not talented at this game but I love playing it and I like playing the bigger complicated maps.

I should be able to express that opinion in an inclusive community, I assume that this is an inclusive community but am beginning to wonder, without a barrage of triggered and patronising responses.

Yeah its the internet...so what? That means we all become assholes does it?
BanditAK7

Postby FtXCommando » 05 Aug 2020, 11:37

Not sure why you're so upset that your comment was met with hostility when it asks "who do you think you are to tell me I can't play sentons." Do you not realize your initial comment was incredibly antagonistic or what?

I made an in-depth poll based on the feedback of many lower rated players about the difficulty of getting started in ladder, then I and the devs built a system that attempts to make ladder as easy to get into without sacrificing the depth that map diversity brings. No one has a problem with you expressing discontent with the system or the maps that can be included at your rating level. But if you want to soak the comment in antagonism, I don't mind doing the same when I respond to you.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby keyser » 05 Aug 2020, 11:46

thanks for giving us your opinion.
I think ftx will keep its current way of designing map pool because it help newcomers to learn the basic of the game. Even at 800 - 1000 rating lots of people are struggling on bigger maps. So the introduction of these complex maps is made gradually for that purpose.
Iirc from the poll we could see that bigger map were preferred by better player because they can exploit them to the fullest : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19432#p185001
As other said, you can still play the map you want with the custom games.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby BanditAK7 » 06 Aug 2020, 09:24

[quote="FtXCommando"]Not sure why you're so upset that your comment was met with hostility when it asks "who do you think you are to tell me I can't play sentons." Do you not realize your initial comment was incredibly antagonistic or what?

What are you talking about? That wasn't the initial comment. My initial post was perfectly respectful. But I was met with this bizarre tirade of patronisation. ThomasHiatt's contributions especially. His first a long, elaborate post full of sarcasm.

Then I was told that I didn't know how to play seton's so i reacted to that. Get your facts straight.

Oh and read the post above if you need to understand a respectful response.
BanditAK7

Postby FemtoZetta » 06 Aug 2020, 10:11

You'd get more respectful responses if your opinion wasn't so stupid and delusional. Like come on, no 1k can play Seton's even remotely properly, stop kidding yourself. They can't even play it well when they only have to take care of 1/4th of the map.
FemtoZetta
Crusader

Has liked: 35 times
FAF User Name: FemtoZetta

Postby Rustyballs » 07 Aug 2020, 14:50

ThomasHiatt wrote:The 800-1300 rating range actually has the greatest understanding of the game and knows how to play all the maps perfectly. That is why they are always the ones giving advice in training channels and offering up the best balance suggestions. The people above 1300 rating are not any more knowledgeable about maps or the game. They are actually less skilled. If you ask some 1800 player how to play Seton's Clutch or some other difficult 20x20 map he will probably tell you he doesn't know and that it is really hard, but a 1000 rated player can play them all perfectly, and will readily educate you on exactly what to do. The 1300 players are clearly held back by the oppressive and elitist system of FAF. All the smurfs and ladder bots keep them down at a low rating, and the rating based map pools only allow them to play on simple dumbed-down maps where they can never demonstrate their true abilities and outplay their opponents. In order to correct this oppression and rating disparity, I propose that the 700-1300 range have access to the largest map pool.

That right their shows you are not smart a player at 800-1300 has better understanding of game than higher rated OMG, that would mean the ladder and rating has no meaning..

DELUDED you are
Rustyballs

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Rustyballs

Postby biass » 07 Aug 2020, 15:02

Rustyballs wrote:That right their shows you are not smart a player at 800-1300 has better understanding of game than higher rated OMG, that would mean the ladder and rating has no meaning..

DELUDED you are

You tell him!
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby BanditAK7 » 08 Aug 2020, 22:10

FemtoZetta wrote:You'd get more respectful responses if your opinion wasn't so stupid and delusional. Like come on, no 1k can play Seton's even remotely properly, stop kidding yourself. They can't even play it well when they only have to take care of 1/4th of the map.

Wow thanks mate. Don't hold back with the insults. If you actually paid attention you would realise that what I am saying is that I enjoy playing these maps. I don't care about your definition of 'properly' whatever the hell that is.

I ENJOY playing these maps! Consequently I'm not a fan of this new system. That's all I've ever said and I just can't believe the response on here. It's bizarre. You and others have been SO insulted by this. It's crazy.
BanditAK7

Previous

Return to General Discussions