New Caster Looking for Replays!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

New Caster Looking for Replays!

Postby willowsduality » 17 Jul 2020, 14:55

Hey! I'm currently running a youtube channel and I have been playing FA for years. I want to try my hand at casting and am looking for Replays. If you have a cool replay you want casted either comment or message me the replay ID! also I made some casting graphics, I cannot post the link but I put them on a google drive so if anyone wants to see them HMU on FAF client or here. they aren't great but if anyone else casting likes em then they are free to use! Thanks for reading!
willowsduality

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: WillowsDuality

Re: New Caster Looking for Replays!

Postby dthrasher » 17 Jul 2020, 15:31

we are very happy to have a new caster!!! welcome!

I don't have a good replay to send you personally I just wanted to welcome you
dthrasher

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: dthrasher

Postby willowsduality » 17 Jul 2020, 15:33

dthrasher wrote:we are very happy to have a new caster!!! welcome!

I don't have a good replay to send you personally I just wanted to welcome you

Thanks! I think it'll be fun to cast some games!
willowsduality

Postby tatsu » 17 Jul 2020, 16:06

tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby armacham01 » 17 Jul 2020, 16:35

In the client, in the "online replays" tab, check the box for "Display search query." Then paste this text into it and hit enter. These would all be interesting games to cast I think. The short games are more straightforward. The longer games have more twists or interesting moments.

id=="11881801",id=="12166318",id=="12166732",id=="12167017",id=="12168749",id=="12172290",id=="12173897",id=="12174235",id=="12174663",id=="12181170",id=="12181320"
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby ZLO_RD » 17 Jul 2020, 16:46

does anyone have a search quary for replay vault to search for replays with many reviews? good reviews... ect ect
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby armacham01 » 17 Jul 2020, 17:02

Also, you should specify what kind of games you are interested in casting.

Team games where lots of people do lots of stuff and there is always action you can showcase? I think these games end up being cast like football games where the announcers are just doing play-by-play (saying what's happening on the screen and not getting deeper into why)

Did you want to cast 1v1s where the pace is a bit slower, so you can focus more on what the two players are doing (their reasons/tactics/strategy--this requires more knowledge of the game to cast well i think). High-level 2v2s are pretty similar to 1v1s in that way AND you get the benefit of more human interaction. They communicate with each other, get mad at each other, etc., it can be a little more drama, but it's not like a 6v6 where everybody is faceless because there's too many characters for the audience to keep track of.

Do you want to cast high-level games where players almost always do the smart thing? Do you want to cast lower-level players just having fun, and not making the best decisions? Games where people bungle their unit micro? Those aren't inherently bad to cast. There's always drama in two people struggling, even if they are fumbling around in the process. You can decide how much you want to point out their mistakes (ignore them, make gentle suggestions, or go full "shitcast" . . .)

Do you want to cast games of a certain length? I get the impression that YouTubers generally want to watch games that are 20+ minutes long and they prefer games that get to T3 and even T4 stage. An 8-minute Williamson's Bridge game where you point out small missteps that cause a player to fall behind before they get discouraged and hit ctrl-k might be interesting to someone who is a big fan of FAF, especially if you're giving advice such that it's basically a tutorial. But I think there is more viewer interest in games that get into higher tech with a larger scale ending. At least, Gyle has mentioned that his viewers prefer the longer games.
armacham01

Postby willowsduality » 18 Jul 2020, 06:18

armacham01 wrote:Also, you should specify what kind of games you are interested in casting.

Team games where lots of people do lots of stuff and there is always action you can showcase? I think these games end up being cast like football games where the announcers are just doing play-by-play (saying what's happening on the screen and not getting deeper into why)

Did you want to cast 1v1s where the pace is a bit slower, so you can focus more on what the two players are doing (their reasons/tactics/strategy--this requires more knowledge of the game to cast well i think). High-level 2v2s are pretty similar to 1v1s in that way AND you get the benefit of more human interaction. They communicate with each other, get mad at each other, etc., it can be a little more drama, but it's not like a 6v6 where everybody is faceless because there's too many characters for the audience to keep track of.

Do you want to cast high-level games where players almost always do the smart thing? Do you want to cast lower-level players just having fun, and not making the best decisions? Games where people bungle their unit micro? Those aren't inherently bad to cast. There's always drama in two people struggling, even if they are fumbling around in the process. You can decide how much you want to point out their mistakes (ignore them, make gentle suggestions, or go full "shitcast" . . .)

Do you want to cast games of a certain length? I get the impression that YouTubers generally want to watch games that are 20+ minutes long and they prefer games that get to T3 and even T4 stage. An 8-minute Williamson's Bridge game where you point out small missteps that cause a player to fall behind before they get discouraged and hit ctrl-k might be interesting to someone who is a big fan of FAF, especially if you're giving advice such that it's basically a tutorial. But I think there is more viewer interest in games that get into higher tech with a larger scale ending. At least, Gyle has mentioned that his viewers prefer the longer games.

I want to cast any game where something interesting happens, 1v1 or teamgame, anything back and forth or using interesting strats. just don't wanna cast steamroll games.
willowsduality

Postby armacham01 » 18 Jul 2020, 06:35

Start with this one then: #11881801 . . . you will not be disappointed.
armacham01

Postby armacham01 » 23 Jul 2020, 06:34

#12224405, #12225285, #12226556
armacham01

Next