Team Matchmaker UI Discussion

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Team Matchmaker UI Discussion

Postby TheKoopa » 07 Jul 2020, 07:56

Iron>Bronze>Gold>Platinum>Diamond>Master>Grandmaster>Top 10
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby biass » 07 Jul 2020, 08:04

Laticlave wrote:I think I'd ordinarily expect some kind of party chatbox there

It's in the OP on the right fellas...

armacham01 wrote:You should leave it blank for now.

I'm not happy with such a corner cutting measure.

FemtoZetta wrote:I think having stats there

Stats are under the fold like I discussed. I don't want to place some auxillary statistic that we decided is magnitudes more important than the rest there, and for a majority of players stats might not even be relevant to them at all. I rather put something there that improves your overall experience with FAF first and foremost.

To clarify what I meant in the OP regarding winloss, the replay system i outlined would show if you won or lost that game on the button.

My second suggestion is a button to download all the maps from the current pool, but that won't take up all the space.

armacham01 wrote:I'm not sure we would benefit from having leagues at all.

We used to have leagues in the client a long time ago, they were well recieved.
For them to be of any real incentive I would like to think they would have a league icon that could be displayed around the client. The past iteration had unit icons that displayed next to your name in the userlist. Keep in mind that league names should take the consideration that they might need an icon pairing.

Also regarding league names:
Changing them every month is not acceptable and I don't think seraphim names are either, the system needs to work for players who don't understand the lore too.
And keep in mind we do have a character limit, so names with extreme length can't happen.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby C-Star » 07 Jul 2020, 08:17

FtXCommando wrote:Win rate over the last week or something could be fine, I guess.

Should be win rate over the last games. A time focused view kills this features for casual players (playing twice a week).
C-Star
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: C-Star

Postby Brutus5000 » 07 Jul 2020, 08:25

biass wrote:Finally, as an aside; The TMM is probably going to be released in tandem with a new league system.

No, I don't think so. Who told you that?
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby biass » 07 Jul 2020, 08:38

Brutus5000 wrote:
biass wrote:Finally, as an aside; The TMM is probably going to be released in tandem with a new league system.

No, I don't think so. Who told you that?

I have 3 different answers on that topic so i've planned for both. I'm not going to do one layout and then be forced to change it after a few months.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Brutus5000 » 07 Jul 2020, 09:35

Fair enough. I'm just trying to prevent false expectations.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Postby FtXCommando » 07 Jul 2020, 09:39

Brutus5000 wrote:Fair enough. I'm just trying to prevent false expectations.

Both had a similar timetable when I was asking about possible first releases. While they aren’t coordinated to release together, if they end up being within a month of one another, might as well as hold off and release it as a package. That may be the source of the confusion.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Brutus5000 » 07 Jul 2020, 15:29

The source of confusion is that people spread timetables and don't coordinate with me. I haven't even seen a coding draft for leagues. I saw a draft diagram that did not convince me so far.
So long story short, if TMM is ready, we will release it and not wait to coordinate with other stuff that might come "soon".
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Postby BlackYps » 07 Jul 2020, 21:56

A coding draft is in the making. Yes, it is essentially guesswork if both will finish around the same time. But because a league system is not extremely complicated, I am relatively confident that we can actually make it in time.
BlackYps

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Dragun101 » 07 Jul 2020, 22:52

Why not the map pool? (Obvious reasons of won’t fit aside)
Dragun101
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Dragun101

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions