Can't load main class

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Can't load main class

Postby PopSniper » 14 Jun 2020, 01:11

While playing a game, the game crashed and froze my computer (Windows 10). I restarted my computer using the power button and every time I tried to start Downlord's Client, my computer would freeze again. I tried reinstalling the client with the same results. When I tried to uninstall the game from the control panel, it would pretend to uninstall but there were still folders in Programs folder. So I deleted those folders and reinstalled, but still led to computer freeze. Finally, I tried to uninstall from the Downlord folder and I get the message "can't load main class." WFT?? Any help would be appreciated.
PopSniper
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: PopSniper

Re: Can't load main class

Postby Katharsas » 14 Jun 2020, 05:39

Try adding
Code: Select all
-Dprism.order=sw

to the VM parameter file, forgot where the file is and cant check, somebody else should know.
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Postby PopSniper » 14 Jun 2020, 14:29

Correction: I did not uninstall the Forged Alliance game, I just went into Steam and ran a "Verify Integrity of Game." Nothing was found to be wrong with the game. What I uninstalled and reinstalled several times was Downlord's Client.
PopSniper
Crusader

Postby PopSniper » 14 Jun 2020, 14:30

I am NOT a programmer and have NO IDEA where to add the line you suggest I add. Can you tell me where to add it?
PopSniper
Crusader

Postby Brutus5000 » 14 Jun 2020, 14:57

Assuming you chose the default installation folder, the file Katharsas mentioned is unter "C:\Program Files\Downlord's FAF Client\downlords-faf-client.vmoptions" . You can open this file with any texteditor and append the line above. Not sure if it helps though.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Return to General Discussions